Interesting article newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for this, far too familiar. You know, sometimes when I here the estimated numbers of those people that abuse alcohol I always feel they are too low. Especially among those that "only drink at night". I think you can really fool yourself with that guideline.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Merci KTAB
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Great reading thanks for sharing. I guess most of us here can relate to most of it.:thanks:

Comment

Thanks, KTAB - excellent article!
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

The part of the article that worried me was the part about "white knuckling" it for a year. There are times I feel like I am white knuckling it but I hang on anyway. Sometimes its all I have. I hope that my outcome does not involve a return to drinking!

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Great article GTAB, thanks so much for sharing.
              AF since April 19, 2010
              NF since Nov 10, 2000

"One reason I don't drink is I want to know when I'm having a good time."
              -Lady Nancy Astor

Comment

Thanks GTAB.. Great article
                30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

WOW! What a great article! So positive about being sober.

Life is truly much better out of the bottle!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Fantastic find, KTAB. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing this article KTAB. Like so many others have already said, that could've been me! (although I wish some of my "geographic solution" would have involve London instead of places like Stover Missouri :H:H)

NewGirl2010;882506 wrote: The part of the article that worried me was the part about "white knuckling" it for a year. There are times I feel like I am white knuckling it but I hang on anyway. Sometimes its all I have. I hope that my outcome does not involve a return to drinking!
                      About 8 months into this current round of sobriety I still felt like I was "white knuckling." I was very fearful of relapse, but feeling somewhat stuck. I didn't want to live with that fear and that's when I went to AA. The program is not right for everyone, but it really helped me get my life moving again. I no longer feel like I'm white knuckling - riddled with fears about relapse and about living a sober life. Seems like that part of the story I also have in common with this journalist.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

KTAB, I actually read that article at work yesterday and it resonated with me in a big way, was actually trying to work out how to bring it on here - I'm a bit technologically challenged! so thanks
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I white knuckled it twice 4 years ago - did 3 months both times but I don't count it as sober time because all I was doing was not drinking, I was still a mess inside. I've realised since then exactly what that phrase means and this time I'm doing things properly!

Comment

Great article - Thanks!

Comment

Oh Boy, can I relate to the 4am "Wake Up Call".

Thanks so much KTAB! (your spot is still waiting in the pool)
                              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

That's what I love about MWO site, sharing knowledge and experience. That was a great article, from the 4 a.m. wakeup call to the cultural observations. She was so clear on the fact that being sober is a gift every day. Inspiring.
                                Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
                                X