Off to Canada for 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As from tomorrow I will be on a flight to Canada and will be there until 26th June so if you wonder why I havent been posting this will be the reason.

Thanks for all the support so far especially the ladies.:thanks:
    Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Have a Great Trip Flip! We will be thinking about you!!!

Please, Please, Please, keep the drinking under control!!!! You can do it

Get a hold of us when you get back!!!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

:hallo: So long Flip - be good! :l
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

See ya Flip Top. Pop in and say hello if you get a chance and good luck.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Where are you heading to Flip?

Comment

Road to Recovery;883239 wrote: Where are you heading to Flip?
            Off to Toronto, first trip over so new experience...

To everbody else - Thankyou :h

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Have a lovely trip and avoid the booze.

Comment

That is great is hard to get drunk in Canada
                alcohol is expensive$$$

Comment

Candi;883361 wrote: That is great is hard to get drunk in Canada
                  alcohol is expensive$$$
                  I wish it was hard to get drunk in Canada!

Enjoy our great country!!

Comment

Candi;883361 wrote: That is great is hard to get drunk in Canada
                    alcohol is expensive$$$
                    Yes it is expensive to get drunk in Canada which cause a whole other list of problems like taking money you really dont have from your family so that you can feed the devil...
                    Enjoy your trip to TO Flip. It's a big City.

Comment

Ok just got back from Canada today so signing in.
                      Had fab trip was over too soon.
                      Cant say it was al free but I did control it and not go over board...

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Welcome back Flip - glad you didnt go mad with the AL :bat
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Being Canadian and drinking my $4.00 a bottle wine which is so delicious my ITALIAN daugter-in-law insisted we make for her wedding I have to say that you can be a roaring drinker on $8.00 per night. That said, welcome to Canada and to the city I was raised in. Try to get north of the city to Georgian Bay. Miles of sandy, private beaches and lots of native history. Have fun. Weather is pretty warm this time of the year.
                          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipplerette;897153 wrote: Being Canadian and drinking my $4.00 a bottle wine which is so delicious my ITALIAN daugter-in-law insisted we make for her wedding I have to say that you can be a roaring drinker on $8.00 per night. That said, welcome to Canada and to the city I was raised in. Try to get north of the city to Georgian Bay. Miles of sandy, private beaches and lots of native history. Have fun. Weather is pretty warm this time of the year.
                            Pity im back in the UK now. Canada rocks - I love Tim Hortons but not the history of it lol.

We want to emigrate and looking in to it very soon, we have decided if we keep putting it off it will be too late.

I love your culture, everyone seems to have some sort of respect unlike the attitude you get round here. I think it will do me and gf good mentally and physically.

I still cant get my head around the price of gas 97 cent per Litre (0.60p in sterling). If you came here you would be paying $1.88 (?1.20)

Ps you must have got shaking the other day with the earth quake?

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Hey, yes I was on the phone with my sister and the whole cottage started shaking and things started falling off the shelves. I screamed and line went dead. We had lost power. My poor sister who lives on the Pacific Coast could not reach me and panicked. Oh well, good excuse for a glass or two of wine. We think the price of gas is outrageous because it used to be so much cheaper.. but it's all in one's perspective. Glad you like our "Home and Native Land". We are a tolerant, respectful bunch because we are populated mostly by immigrants and our country, as you know, has two official languages. Living right on the border of Ont. and Quebec I have to speak both to function. My hubby's family does not speak English and my family does not speake French so there's a whole lot o' translating going on in our house. One word of advice... if you are raising kids, get them to immerse in the French language. In Canada, it opens up so many doors professionally and in many other ways. Take care and keep posting.
                              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                              X