Greetings fromthe Emerald Isle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Firefox you can get Kudzu in Ireland here, they have branches around the country.

Holland and Barrett - Product details for Kudzu Tablets
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Eire
      Good to see you back here and started on your journey. In some ways the decision is to do this - providing its a really strong decision not a sort of ' oh well I'll try my best' - is the hardest part. With determination you will get through the first few days and like it has been previously said you very quickly start seeing the improvements, mentally and physically, so the 'rewards' carry you another few days and before you know it you have a week or two and then it does start getting much much easier. However, at the beginning think in terms of ONE DAY AT A TIME (ODAT) and sometimes a minute at a time.
      Good luck, its worth every tiny bit of effort
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good morning Eire, see there's a start, you said last night you were going to come back and you did! thats making a commitment to yourself, I was really hoping you would come back.

Firefox, kudzu is good, I got it from this site, just arrived a few days ago, I didn't know it could be got in Holland and Barret - now I know where to go when mine run out.

Comment

Thanks KTAB. There is a Holland and Barrett store near in Dun Laoghaire Co. Dublin so now i know wherer to get it. Ican't order online as i'm unemployed now and don't have a credit card so i'll get some from there.

Comment

Welcome Eire (I know I look like a penguin but I'm 25% Irish - does that count?!!) Welcome - you've come to a lovely place!

enguin:enguin:enguin:enguin: Happy Friday!
            Coco

Comment

Thanks coco nut and all for your support and advice. Day 1 closing - not overly shook up (yet!) will post again soon - kiddies need bed!
              " All the good qualities of mankind are soluble in alcohol"

Comment

Cead mille failte! Translation-a hundred thousand welcomes - for anyone who doesnt speak Irish. Just a quick hello from me.There are squillions of Irish on this forum-(I love the word squillions. If it doesnt exist it should) Anyway as you will find out very quickly it doesnt matter where your from. Its all about the demon drink. Night night and talk soon.

Comment

I think you're right. For instance, I'm from Connecticut but I've had squillions of drinks before I decided to stop!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

And now your going to have squillions of sober days techie and your going to feel squillions better for it!

Comment

Yes squillions
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Squillions is a grand word! Sober this morning day 2 and it's squillions better than the alternative! Need to guard against my witching hour of late afternoon ( just zip out to the shop for anything and... Some beer!) so today will involve no shop! Feel tired which I know is part of the process and one that surprises me given that you stop taking the crap and feel this way rather than taking poison and feeling energetic. Determination remains and have begun to read " 7 weeks to sobriety" which starts out a little scary but am looking forward to getting through it - the book and the journey! Hope all remain in good shape and happily sober! Thanks to each and all.... Really overwhelmed by this place!
                        Eire

Comment

Hi Eire just wanted to add my hello and welcome to MWO which as you are discovering is a fantastic site. Well done on Day 2AF and recognising your 'witching hour' and having a plan to overcome it. Good luck on your journey :l
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Great stuff Eire, you are now on day 2 and your attitude is extremely positive, I love to see this. Make sure you keep coming back every day, every hour, every minute if you have to as it does help as we are all in this together. Have a great day and see you after.

Comment

wannachange;884963 wrote: Great stuff Eire, you are now on day 2 and your attitude is extremely positive, I love to see this. Make sure you keep coming back every day, every hour, every minute if you have to as it does help as we are all in this together. Have a great day and see you after.
                              Gone but not forgotten - did succumb to my compatriot's problem with temptation!
                              I have now bought a truck load of supplements and ordered, I think, 5 books on'How to quit' including R Jewel's. I will not trouble this great comunity again until I can demonstrate some commitment to the process. I quit nicotine in Jan this year and never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be as easy as it was! Had to keep reminding myself that complacency was an easy hurdle to trip over etc. but, to date, thanks be to whoever, have found it really easy to quit and STAYquit from smokes. I THOUGHT I could bring the same game-plan to quitting AL but have found it, so far, to be a different beast!
                              I will not post again until at least 3 days AF, so please, all you good folk out there don't waste your typing skills on me - I know you are all there but do not want to be wasting your energies on me, unless I can show more commitment to the process!

Comment

wannachange;884963 wrote: Great stuff Eire, you are now on day 2 and your attitude is extremely positive, I love to see this. Make sure you keep coming back every day, every hour, every minute if you have to as it does help as we are all in this together. Have a great day and see you after.
                                Gone but not forgotten - did succumb to my compatriot's problem with temptation!
                                I have now bought a truck load of supplements and ordered, I think, 5 books on'How to quit' including R Jewel's. I will not trouble this great comunity again until I can demonstrate some commitment to the process. I quit nicotine in Jan this year and never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be as easy as it was! Had to keep reminding myself that complacency was an easy hurdle to trip over etc. but, to date, thanks be to whoever, have found it really easy to quit and STAYquit from smokes. I THOUGHT I could bring the same game-plan to quitting AL but have found it, so far, to be a different beast!
                                I will not post again until at least 3 days AF, so please, all you good folk out there don't waste your typing skills on me - I know you are all there but do not want to be wasting your energies on me, unless I can show more commitment to the process! Once again, I thank you all for taking the time to reply to my posts and hope that, in the very near future, I will become a source of support rather than need!
                                Talk to you all again when on day 3!!
                                Eire GB:h

Comment

Working...
                                X