ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Feeling great Overit, thanks!!! Having a much better time. Yesterday at church the service was great as well and just for me. That's set me up for the week.

Keep going guys. With regards to getting up to 30days or whatever the initial goal is, just don't ever fool yourself into thinking you're over it now and you can handle your drink. I've made the mistake once before after 3 months last year and nearly again Friday night. Only this time thanks to my experience last year my mind wasn't fooled that easily. If you're on the right track, don't distract yourself thinking now you can handle even one drink (is it worth throwing everything away you've achieved over one little drink?! (that'll obviosly turn out to be plenty more)), And if you do slip, take the lesson. It's a lesson learned, you will know when you get some AF time together next time not to let yourself be fooled again. What do they say, As long as you're learning from your mistakes. And all of you are clearly as you're still on this forum

Just do it guys
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Amber, Spinning, Anon, Woywoy, Firefox and Twosox - Wow - absolutely fandabidosa :goodjob: you are all doing awesome keep going. I like checking in here everyday and reading your all another day nearer

Patrice, chin up and keep going, never look back I have been on day 1 for the past 4!!! But am so determined - reading about all our other 5 Odater's this morning really has made me determined to get my arse in gear

Hi Over-it, I too am curious, think I've lost the plot just recently. I started so well at the beginning and was able to string 7 - 9 days together but these past two weeks my alkie brain is back - you are damn right if you get a good 30 days in never ever pick that first one up again!

Hi Johnny my friend, saw on another thread your off to the footie - hope its a good game and you don;t get too wet!!

P x
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Panno,

I have been thinking about you all weekend. How are you feeling after your colossal cleanout?

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Hey Panno. Yeah, leaving soon. Very excited for teh footie. Weather also looks like it's holding. Still very couldy skys and blimmin cold but now rain at the moment. So keep your fingers crossed.

How are you doing Panno?! Sorry to hear you're struggling to get AF time together. You mornin will come when you feel in hight spirits and say that's just it. It took me months to get there again and I wasn't on here. I'm sure that time will come for you soon. Just stay positive. Know you can

AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Hi Rusty I am doing great with with clear out thanks - felt a little ropey on Sunday but I really think that was just toxins coming out.

Thanks Johnny, I am really trying to stay positive just so hard sometimes, I really get angry with myself :bang
            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

Good Morning All.

Great to see so many strong and positive posts. I like your way of thinking Anon, I believe Overit looks at it your way to maintain being positive about growth. So I think I will start looking at it that way for now too as it is a huge improvement from where I was at on a few levels for me. One: the frequency of drinking is far less; two: the amount imbibed in a "sitting" is far less; three: I'm not drinking in isolation to dull emotional pain. So in the last 49 days I've had 44 AF days. I'm quite pleased with that and I feel like I'm taking my life back. I am socializing way more than I have in several years and having much fun without my emotions and alcohol bonding me. How cool is that!!

Make a great Day! )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

44 days AF in 49 days R.C.??? Now I think that is AWESOME!!!!! For some of us.. the journey of progression makes sense to us. I suppose we all have different patterns and habits to our drinking. If some can just taper down, and be satisfied with that, then we should all be satisfied with what makes them at peace.
                I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT MON 14th JUNE

OverIt you are always so sweet!! I love your new tag line! Hope that's the incentive that keeps you on track. I'm such a night hawk I rarely see the sun rise in any case.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                  X