Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help

Nice job! I will be so happy when I can getto that place ...

And I will .. I know I can do this ...

Day 6 moderating ... feelingbetter about myself already ..

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Need help

Think removng the embarasement and actually talkig to doc cos huge thing is best I recks for me anyway is my only way forward As otherwise not sure whre to begin and dont want to burden my friends. U will not be the first to turn up or the last so worth hearin what they have to say!

Comment

Need help

What does AF mean?

Comment

Need help

AF = alcohol free

Comment

Need help

right there with you Change...I can hardly get my fingers to type...arg! I'm only about 20hrs in AF since bad binge. sleep usually takes four days to return to normal for me. one hour at a time. I've tried valerian etc but the first couple days just really hurts no matter what for me. drink water, take vita mins and eat when you feel up to it.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Need help

change, forgot to say that manesium suppliments do help me with the mental anxiety/horrors etc.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Need help

Day 8

Day 8 and feeling pretty good.

Comment

Need help

My advice to anyone going Alcohol Free out there, read a book about someone who has already given up the drink! They are very inspiring, I have quite a few now. The best for me is "Goodbye Mr Wonderful" by Chris McCully - he lost EVERYTHING and came back to a better life.

Comment

Need help

Thank you all for your posts.

I just read the entire thread and can now say i feel like i am making progress.
                    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Need help

Day 14 AF and have a lot of work to do around the House. Usually with a beer but I should be more productive without the beer. I used to drink beer to give me the energy to start a project. Let's see how it goes.

Change

sigpic

Comment

Need help

Great to hear! Your doing great!

Comment

Need help

great point Francis, when I was only 2-3 days AF I couldn't hardly stop crying outbursts for any reason out of the blue and hated being anywhere public...now only being only on day 6 I feel super and rather confident. yesterday I was at a crowded store where I'd normally feel anxiety but I felt fine..it was so nice and reasuring. hang in there Changemylife
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Need help

Axiety

A lot of my anxiety has gone away. I am starting to want to be around people more. I feels good. About to go to dinner with my wife and a friend where i would normally have a couple of glasses of wine. Now i should be less anxious and have a better time.

sigpic

Comment

Need help

Today Sucks

Holidays, work, people pissing me off. I have been doing great except for a day here and there where I am just angry and want to have a drink. Must be from stress.

I am going home tonight to try and clean the garage. Maybe that will help releive some tension.

sigpic

Comment

Need help

HI

Like Francis said when is the wedding, by then you will make your mind up, but it wont be easy, do you wont to be a ass or one sip could start it all over again or try to be strong and have soda water like I do. Please try to be strong, you are a lot stronger then what I am at the moment. Plaese let us know

Comment

Working...
                                X