Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

I am a binge drinker and need to stop........I did it again last night and don't want to do it again

Help

Hi Ineedhelp,
    Welcome to MWO, you've found a great place to start. So many of us here can relate to what you are going through. Can you tell us a little more about yourself?
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Help

Help

I'm a married father of 2 and a paramedic. My kids mean the world to me and I don't want to lose them to alcohol. My wife will leave and take the kids if I don't get help.

Comment

Help

Hi In Need of Help and welcome. :welcome: Have hope that you can recover from this. I suggest downloading the My Way Out book from the health store and having a read if you haven't already done that. I think it's a good place to start. I started with everything the book recommends (purchased here too) except for the prescription meds. Over time I have modified my sobriety program to make it my own. I no longer listen to the hypnosis CD's. I still follow the the diet and exercise recommendations (try to anyway!). I also am into my nutritional supplements. I also go to AA now, which has helped me immensely in building a good sober life.

However you do it, the important thing is to stop drinking. Your life will improve most certainly if you do that. Be willing to go to any length.

Strength and hope to you,

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Help

Hi ineedhelp and welcome. I am also a father of two, married, working for the public sector. I was a huge binge drinker for close to 20 years. However, on non binge weekends, I would slowly drink lots of beer - usually starting on Wednesday, and by Sunday I would have drank a tone. Every weekend was a binge - even if it was just me. I tried moderation a gazillion times, and it does not work for me. I know it in my bones.

All I can say is, I kept at it until I hit rock bottom and nearly lost my family. Quitting drinking has been so beneficial for my marriage, my health, my perspective... It is not easy, but what a motivation - my children, my marriage...

All the best to you, read and write lots in here.
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Help

ineedhelp,
            Welcome to the best place in the world for people like yourself who are suffering from this addiction. If you havent already found out, many of us are just like you and at various stages of our journey to sobriety. It may help to bring your wife to this site and show her that drinking is not something you choose to do but rather an illness. Before I came here, I thought that I was the only one that couldnt control my drinking and that I would never be able to stop. That was about 5 months ago and I have been sober for 4 months. The people here are so supportive, no judgement, just compasion and support. I am taking Baclofen, which has been a miracle for me, and many others but there are many other meds, or supplements as well to help you through. I am always around if you have questions, or just want to talk.
            Welcome.

Comment

Help

thanks

thanks for the kind words of encouragemnet, made it through day 1.thank god

Comment

Help

Good for you!!! Keep taking in one day (or hour, or minute) at a time.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X