Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have questions, need advice!

Hey Everyone,
    A good Friend of mine has questions and needs advice. She would like to know what is available over the counter or non prescription, to help with cravings. Any suggestions along with possible side effects would be great. Thanks so much!

What kind of cravings Road?

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

l-glutamine. Amino acid, no side effects that I'm aware of. Good for you in ways besides cravings (I'm assuming alcohol).
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Yes, Greenie. Good for sugar, tobacco cravings too and very healing to the digestive tract. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

and a high potency B complex vitamin 100mg once a day with food would be helpful too!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Three X's a day if needed and don't worry about food, but L Glut is first.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

have questions

Are you saying they really help in controlling the craving of alcohol?
              I just don't want to take prescription drugs.
              Thanks for replying.

Comment

In adequate quantities and mental resolve....YES!!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Ringing Cedars;889277 wrote: What kind of cravings Road?
                  Cravings for alcohol

Comment

Whoa - really????? So I can march into the health food shop, and actually speak to the superior little size 0 girl there and ask for L Glut? Will she know then that I am a raving alcoholic? (High functioning at this stage.....)

Comment

Tell her you're a body builder. Seriously! You can buy it in bulk at Wal-mart in "that" section.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

greeneyes;889279 wrote: l-glutamine. Amino acid, no side effects that I'm aware of. Good for you in ways besides cravings (I'm assuming alcohol).
                        Greeneyes--- thanks for replying--- It was me that wanted to start this thread--- but wasn't sure enough of myself to get started so road to recovery started this thread for me---- what a gem & caring person he is------ I will never forget!!!! So appreciate how all of you are so for each other--awsome!!!

Been reading so much about Glut--- can't wait to run out & buy it--- do you take it in the powder form or capsul---again, appreciate your help!
                        Stay

Comment

staywell;889720 wrote: Greeneyes--- thanks for replying--- It was me that wanted to start this thread--- but wasn't sure enough of myself to get started so road to recovery started this thread for me---- what a gem & caring person he is------ I will never forget!!!! So appreciate how all of you are so for each other--awsome!!!

Been reading so much about Glut--- can't wait to run out & buy it--- do you take it in the powder form or capsul---again, appreciate your help!
                          Stay
                          Sorry about the spelling-now I need to figure how to get the icons with my messages--lol:

Comment

staywell;889722 wrote: Sorry about the spelling-now I need to figure how to get the icons with my messages--lol:
                            Yea hjust figured it out. i think.

Comment

greeneyes;889706 wrote: Tell her you're a body builder. Seriously! You can buy it in bulk at Wal-mart in "that" section.
                              Greenie?? WalMart??? I wouldn't trust anything they sell. Just like Monsanto.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X