DAY ONE FOR MOI... HERE IN QUEBEC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day one for me. Have never gone longer than four days for the last 10 years. Jumped on the mini-trampoline and have given myself an awesome reward to work towards. Now since I bought a CD player with headset there's no excuse not to use the CD's. Which ones do I use and in which order.... better refer to the book. Will go to the kitchen now and get the supplements in to me. First time i ever tried stopping on a Friday... always have a drink on a Friday. To encourage myself I have written a list of why to quit and I would like to share it with you (me really but you too): 1. First grand-daughter is on the way and we live on a river... a dangerous place to not be vigilant with toddlers running around. 2. I am just as hilarious sober as am drunk. 3. One of my kids has a drinking problem and I need to be a good example to him. 4. lose weight (5 lbs would be good.. 10 would be perfect). 5. Protect my poor over-worked liver. 6. Get more done instead of sitting around drinking at night. 7. Be the best I can be. 8. did i mention losing weight??

Thanks for being there. You guys are great encouragement. This website is a GodSend.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

good Luck

Good Luck today.I am a binger and just made it past day one mysself yesterday.....I feel for you and do great

Comment

Hey guys - hear you in Oz too!
      I'd love to lose some weight (5 kg will do!!) kids and grandkids are always the perfect accessory - need to keep them clean and live! Music works to keep you occupied.....hey, if you're not careful, I'll send you my play list - guaranteed to make you ill to your stomach way worse than a hangover - Congratulations Tipplerette - you are a legend!!!!

Comment

Hi Tipp! We are neighbours! I totally hear your sense of humour too! Those are excellent reasons to quit!! I wish you success in your goals! )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi Tipp!
          Welcome aboard. You've found a great place to start your journey. I, too, quit on a Friday. Never thought I'd do that, but here I am, 78 days later! It can be done, and you CAN do it. Remember your reasons for quitting. Keep posting so we can get to know you. Stay strong!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Welcome Tipp. You'll love it here with this great group of folks. Everyone here is focused on getting well and improving their lives.
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks all of you for your support. I made through an amazing Thai dinner with hubby at a new restaurant in downtown Hull and he ordered a half litre of the most delicious red wine and I know it because when I was pouring him a glass I licked the drop that spilled on my hand... pretty desperate measure, eh. I said no thank you and sipped on my chlorine drenched water. Should have ordered a perrier or something. We are about to head out to a get together with our Harley friends and boy can they drink. It's around 8:20 pm here up north. I have packed a bouteille d'eau and am on my way. No worries tonight as i am so into this. Wow 78 days - when I reach one month I will be so proud - you people have willpower of steel. I really appreciate all your tips and advice and encouragement.:thanks::thanks:
              Take care and have a moderate evening.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Good Luck Tipplerette. Like you I think this website is manor from heavan.
                "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Day one..

Hi Everyone,
                  Day one.. no drinking... I have tried to stop dinking so many times before, but I have never done anything to help myself, like seeing a dr or talking to others. But I am so ashamed at the moment, I have to stop, I have to stop now! I am 27, and have been heavily drinking since 16.. So for 11 years I have treated my body like crap : (
                  I am a binge drinker, once I start I can't stop!! When I get drunk I dont remember anything I do, I embarass myself and others, I wake up at places I dont remember how I go there.. Most of all I am ashamed the next day.. As the day and the hangover kicks in I start remembering all the stupid things I did, and all the people I will have to apologise to, or be embarrased to see next time.
                  I need help!... I am an acoholic and I need to stop NOW.......

Comment

Binger and Tipplerette and everyone else,
                    You have arrived at the right place. Everyone here has had similar experiences and they too are striving for a sober decent life free from shame, embarrassment, hangovers, guilt and remorse. And one of the ways we work at staying sober is helping others. Like you guys!! So welcome, post often, let people know how you are feeling and if you are struggling. You will get lots of support and not a few laughs! prancy

Comment

Hi Binger Welcome-You are in a good place to get the help and support you need. However you should copy this to a new thread so folks can give you advice and encouragement. This is buried behind someone else thread. Some will see this like myself but when your new its best to introduce youself in a new thread. You can just copy and paste. Go out to the main "just starting out" forum and click on New Thread in the upper left corner.
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Binger and Tipp,

Welcome to MWO! If you go to the top of the page and click on Our Community and then scroll down, in blue font, you will see everyone who is online and if there is someone in Chat. Chat might be good for you, and because our members are from all over the world, someone is usually in chat day and night.

You might also consider prescriptions like Antabuse, which a lot of people here have had success with, and the anti-craving meds like Naltrexone and Baclofen. All 3 meds can be ordered without a script through one of the many online pharmacies.

I didn't think I could quit either but I have and it's great.

Good luck on your journeys,

Rusty

Comment

Tippler, I just now saw your posts and I love your positive energy. I hope the rest of your weekend went well. Whatever happened, each day is a new chance to live sober no matter what happened yesterday.

Welcome Binger. GOOD FOR YOU taking steps to stop drinking at your age instead of waiting until the elevator goes down a few more floors. I just heard a friend of mine speak at an AA meeting today. He will be 50 next month but I didn't realize he quit drinking when he was 26. When I saw your post I just wanted to let you know that it can be done!

Strength and hope to everybody who is struggling with AL today..

DG

Binger83;891502 wrote: Hi Everyone,
                          Day one.. no drinking... I have tried to stop dinking so many times before, but I have never done anything to help myself, like seeing a dr or talking to others. But I am so ashamed at the moment, I have to stop, I have to stop now! I am 27, and have been heavily drinking since 16.. So for 11 years I have treated my body like crap : (
                          I am a binge drinker, once I start I can't stop!! When I get drunk I dont remember anything I do, I embarass myself and others, I wake up at places I dont remember how I go there.. Most of all I am ashamed the next day.. As the day and the hangover kicks in I start remembering all the stupid things I did, and all the people I will have to apologise to, or be embarrased to see next time.
                          I need help!... I am an acoholic and I need to stop NOW.......
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I am at day one again today. It's my last day one. Got that !!! It's 3:00 pm here in Quebec and witching hour will begin in one hour. Got to stay strong. You people are so non-judgemental that it brings a tear to my eye... a big thanks for not pointing out failures but just encouraging. Means alot.
                            Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hang in there Tipp!
                              Let today be Day 1 of many, many more to come. Dont worry about yesterday, last week, or next week...just focus on today, right this minute, right this second.
                              Remember all the reasons you want to quit, keep it in the front of your mind. And remember that a craving doesn't last as long as a hangover.
                              Let us know how you are!! Sending positive thoughts your way...
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X