The chatoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chatoom

I am by no means drunk, but logged into the chatroom tonight because I didn't want to drink as much as normal. I admitted to all that I had a few drinks but wasn't drunk, and was told I wasn't welcome..I feel really let down and confused, I thought this was a supportive community no matter what stage we are at in our quest for sobriety or moderation, I feel so let down.
    It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth. :teeter:
    George Burns

The chatoom

It was not because of you having a few drinks, it was of your attack on someone. Don't confuse the two. Everyone is welcome here, as long as they are civil. Many people come on who have admitted they are drinking, but they ask for help to stop, and get it.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The chatoom

I was told I wasn't sober enough, not good enough. I dared to challenge that. Is it civil to tell someone they are putting the sober people off? Don't worry, I won't be visiting again in a hurry
      It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth. :teeter:
      George Burns

Comment

The chatoom

I was also in chat, that is not true. Alicia you came into chat wanting to party, not asking for help. You told another member that had just arrived that eveyone in chat was drinking, which was not true. I told that person that everyone was not drinking to make it clear. You took offense to me saying that.

Alicia, if you want help, all you have to do is ask for it and act civily to others.
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

The chatoom

Hi Alicia,

I don't know what happened in chat but I posted on one of your earlier threads about how to break out of the destructive cycle of drinking.

Have you come up with a plan yet about what to do instead of drinking, how you are going to combat the desire to drink, all of that stuff?
          There's loads of info and advice here that can help you, but really it's best to read it and come up with ideas while you're sober. I've formulated many a Grand Plan while drinking and they just don't work.

I hope you keep coming back for support.
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

The chatoom

alicia in trouble;890279 wrote: I am by no means drunk, but logged into the chatroom tonight because I didn't want to drink as much as normal. I admitted to all that I had a few drinks but wasn't drunk, and was told I wasn't welcome..I feel really let down and confused, I thought this was a supportive community no matter what stage we are at in our quest for sobriety or moderation, I feel so let down.
            Hi Alicia. I'm sorry you felt you were not welcome. Is it possible that is was your perception and in the end perhaps you were disappointed in yourself? I have to say that I been in chat several times when someone comes in at various stages of inebriation or coming off a binge. They are looking for help and I have yet to see someone turned away. This is embarrassing but I too recently tried to jump into chat late at night after too much to drink. The memory is a little fuzzy but I do remember that I was not functioning well and lost my connection. Blessing really. I went into chat the next day and a couple people were there who had witnessed my error in judgement. I apologized for even trying to get into chat and was told that I was always welcome as long as I was pleasant and not mean spirited. Which I wasn't. I am not saying you were but just that your jugdgement may have been a little off under the influence. I have you are having good day today Alicia and look forward to chatting with you in the future! Peace and strength to you. )

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
            X