Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hello-

I am new to the site, just joined on the advice of my doctor. She prescribed Campral. Any of yall been on it? I am not sure this is the "right" time to try to stop drinking. Holidays, anniversary of my mother's death four days after Christmas, etc. Is there a middle ground to all of this?

Thanks for the advice.....

J:new:

Help

jmose - i'm sorry no one responded sooner...don't take it personally it was some bad timing or something. i haven't taken any meds myself, but there are quite a few folks here who do take it. all i know is drinking while taking campral seems to defeat the purpose. the holidays are hard for me too. actually the begining of oct. thru new years is hard for me. i've spent every christmas eve or christmas day for at least a few hours at a bar since i turned 21. not this year.(hopefully) take care and keep trying. there are great people here, it just takes time.:welcome:

Comment

Help

Hi,

Wow you have a doctor that knew about MYO that's fantastic!!
      I don't have anything to offer you about Campral, but there are many threads about the different types of medication. You might want to take some time and read through some of the older threads. You should if you haven't already read the book too.

The holidays are tough lots of memories and added stress. You need to decide what you are trying to do whether it be moderation or to cut it out totally. Either way some people pick a day and try from there other's jump right in.
      I hope you take some time and go back and read some of the older threads as well as the new ones as there much you will relate to and so much insight to help you.
      Later,
      spacie

Comment

Working...
      X