new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new

Hi I'm new to MWO. I found it a few days ago but just decided to join today. Im worried about my drinking. I've always been a drinker and even thou I'm female, been one of the "lads" as far as drinking went. I stopped when I was pregnant and didnt drink much when my son was alive. He died suddenly and for a long time my self and husband were in total self destuction mode.
    We're seperated now and things are better but ironically even thou my drinking is less i.e. some alcohol free nights I'm now more worried about my binges. I want to moderate what I drink and spend the majority of nights alcohol free.
    I dont really know what I'm looking for here but it feels good to at least write down that I'm worried about my drinking

new

Welcome daylight!

Well done for joining and posting. It can be difficult to write that down for the first time.

I'm sorry about your son, I can't imagine how that would feel.

There's lots of info & advice here about meeting your goals. I think the idea is to stop drinking for a month before trying to moderate. I'm not sure - I can't drink at all - but there's a moderation section here where you might find some tips about that.

I hope you stick around! :welcome:
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

new

Welcome Daylight....you have come to a safe and wonderful place. I cannot imagine the loss of a child......talk to us....there are no secrets and you will never be judged....
      join the Newbies Nest........we are all in the same boat you are, my friend
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

new

thanks Marshy and Mama bear - I saw the nest after I posted this so I'll move over there now. :thanks:

Comment

Working...
        X