ODAT 21st June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT 21st June

After all my happiness at 11 days AF I blew it last night. I have a headache and feel physically sick.
    We went out for a lovely day walking in the hills followed by a visit to the pub on the way back and I was not even tempted.
    Usual pattern is home and a bottle or two of wine which we always have in as my husband collects it. My husband has 2 glasses I have the rest!
    I felt I could just have one or two glasses! i was WRONG
    Well back on my horse/wagon.
    At least I know how brilliant it is to be AF and feel better for writing this.:upset:

ODAT 21st June

Hi Anon and all who follow. Don't beat yourself up Anon as you done so well i've been there many a time. For me its the amount of af i can get for as long as i can odat i can do more than that. had a craving for a few beers yesterday as i sat in the garden in the hot sun but toughed it out as i ran out of L-Glut so must get more for emergancies. I'm day 26 and feeling ok today. Its still a bit misty here but the forecast is for a sunny afternoon. Happy monday to you all.

out::angelgirl:

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Hi Anon and Firefox and others... I agree with you firefox, its ODAT and thats ok.
      Anon Exactly the same thing happened to me on Saturday.. I was on Day 5 and thought the same as you.. and like you i was Wrong.. I didnt actually wake up feeling too bad but I got straight back on the wagon again and didn't even think about drinking, same as you.. 5 Days made me realise how much better I felt.. so im now on Day 2 or Day 7 with a slip.. whatever
      Keep it going and good ONYA for posting
      Patrice

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Good Morning All,

I can't count how many times I fell off the wagon, but what matters is having the courage and strength to get back on, which you obvisously do.

We had my husbands parents and brother his girlfriend and kids over yesterday, as well as my brother, who is always here anyway, we were sitting on our porch and my brother, husband, brother - n - law and his girlfriend all had a beer in hand, I was drinking a tonic water and lime, felt a little odd at first, but I was fine with it. I just remind myself how horrible it was 2 weeks ago and it seems to get me through. So here is to day 15, its been a long while to be able to say that!

Have a wonderful AF day!!

Two :l

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Hi Anon,

Its a bump in the road, think of it this way that youve had 1 drink in 11 days and compare that to before (if that makes sense!)..... works for me.....

B
          AF since 7th June '10

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Hi Everyone!!! Happy Monday!

Anon, I feel your pain, I really do. It happens to the best of us. I wish quiting drinking was an easy thing to do, but as you see, as we see... It is not an easy thing to do but very hard. Alcohol is a sneaky bastard. Just when you are feeling good and in control, that is when it can get you in the ass. I know having a glass or "two" of wine seems like such an innocent thing when you have so much sober time. But for people like us, one or two glasses is almost impossible.

Its ok. Use this as a learning lesson. Dont beat yourself up too much over it, really. That will not do you any good to just hate yourself over it. Just pick yourself up and try again. You will get there!!!

Also, I am trying to use more tools to have set in place. Do you have any tools to use? Here is the tool box forum, very helpful!!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Love,

Overit
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Hi overit... Happy Monday.. you look absolutely fab and you are wise and your son looks pretty damn fine too!!!
              Have a great Monday.. mine here in Asia has finished .. whew and green tea on the boil.
              Patrice

Comment

ODAT 21st June

You are so sweet Patrice. How are you doing?

I put that pic up yesterday in honor of Fathers Day. I am both Father and Mother!

Have a good rest of your night, and glad to see its an AF one!

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Good morning all
                  Over it, you and your son are precious!!!
                  AF weekend for me....day 6 , I think
                  at work....gotta run for now
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT 21st June

WOW MAMA!!!!

WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! I AM SO PROUD OF MAMA!!

Ok, have a good day

Oh, and thank you for comment on pic. Its a few years old, but still one of my favorites.

Comment

ODAT 21st June

thanks sweetie
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Hi firefox,patrice,overit,twosox,johndoh
                        Your comments and support mean so much to me. Thank you. Lovely afternoon here I will enjoy it sitting in the garden.

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Im glad you are feeling better Anon!

I told ya! We are here for whatever you need lady! I have blubbered my problems so much on here almost to the point of embarrassment! Its all good! Dont ever be ashamed or embarressed. I totally understand and so do many others.

:l

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Hi anon,
                            I am day 18 AF but it feels more like 18 years of not drinking!!I have had some terible urges during that time too so I know how you have been feeling during your 11 days.I was a nightmare to be with yesterday as I woke up feeling very sorry for myself and ended up yelling at my partner for no reason.It's all his fault! LOL. We had a heated arguement and I had a very strong desire to drown myself in wine ( as I would usually do). But I fought it and so glad that I did...

At least you know that life is better to be AF and to deal with the cravings etc without drinking than getting drunk and dealing with your self loathing in the mirror. 11 days is amazing!! Shows that you can do it! xxxx
                            Be strong-
                            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

ODAT 21st June

Thats awesome ReBirth! I am So proud of you! Way to go!!!! :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                              X