I am going to try just 1 AF day......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't tear myself away from this site. You guys are ME!! Every day I feel so determined. For some reason last night was easy. Got so much done in the evening too. Franz, how did you do? I have been thinking about you... We are all in this together. Wouldn't it be great if this time next year we were all celebrating one year AF??? When you take apart all the garbage thoughts about fitting in socially, caving into pressure, liking the taste, having more fun and really think about it, after the initial few days/weeks you come out of your shell. Remember what it was like when we were kids whooping it up and having fun sober. I remember splitting a gut laughing all the time dead sober. If we could be happy without it then we can be happy without it now. Socially find a nice non-alc treat to sip on ... like perrier and lemon or virgin caesars (they might be just here in Canada) or cranberry juice with lemonade and bring it to the event. When the booze pushers ask what you're drinking LIE. Deviousness has it's place and this is it.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I did it!

Yay!! I went to bed stone sober last night!
      Now I so desperately want to do it again tonight......
      I was up all night peeing....which I don't get because I have way more fluids in my body when I drink?
      Anybody know the answer to that?
      So my hubby staggers in at 12:30, (I was wide awake) and literally FALLS into bed- I thought he was going to catapult me to the floor! I know he was wasted because he was snoring within 10 seconds. This morning I asked him if he thought he was drinking too much and he gave me a dead pan look and said "no".
      I want to stay AF tonight simply for his sake.

I know what you mean Tipp~ so much more productive. Instead of sitting watching TV and drinking wine~ I scrubbed my stove burners!!

Comment

Working...
      X