Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, Tuesday 22nd June 2010

Hi guyz.

Hope you're having a great day!!! Very busy at work. But business is alwasy good to keep the mind distracted from all the temptation out in the world, right?!!

South Africa is playing today what is in all likelyhood their last World Cup appearance so keep your fingers crossed. Our nation needs this

How annoying all the spam/Advertising on the forum these last couple of days!! Wonder what one could do about it?! It annoys the heck out of me.

Have a great AF day!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Hi Jonny I'll be crossing my fingers for Sth Africa. ( France seem a bit mutinous at the moment!!)
    I've also had a very busy day but its another AF day for me!! Yay.. Slow baby steps but does seem to be getting easier ever so slightly. I've never gone this long without AL and my mind and body are thanking me for it. I do feel very tired though, I have no energy, is that usual??

Comment

Hey Patrice!! Well done for keeping going!!!

Yeah. It is pretty normal. But after 2 weeks or so AF my energy levels picked up big times. Make sure you drink enough water and eat well in addition though. But you will definately reap the benefits and the energy levels should get better.

yeah the French team seem in a bit of dissarey. I can sympathise a little bit with them though. I know that the French nation seem disgusted at their team refusing training, etc. But I think the FFF definately overreacted in sending Anelka home. So I can understand the players are upset.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Another beautiful day here and just back from my walk. Good luck South Africa. No sympathy for the French here, they cost us (Ireland) the world cup. What goes around comes around, comes to mind!!

Rustop

Comment

Haha. I was thinking that the Irish must feel vindicated by France's performance on and off the pitch :H
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

By the way. Today marks my 100 days AF. I have arrived in tripple digits!!!!!! I can't believe it! (just realised )
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

johnnyh;892577 wrote: By the way. Today marks my 100 days AF. I have arrived in tripple digits!!!!!! I can't believe it! (just realised )
              :yougo::yougo::yougo:

Congratulations Johnny! I remember how good it felt to hit "tripple digits." I remember hitting "double digits" too! And hello ODATers and soccer fans. There will be no drinking for me today either.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

It's great to cherish these moments hey?! You really have to. It keeps your momentum going. Yeah. Reaching double digits was fab too!!! Every day that we are sober should be celebrated actually
                AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

I keep seeing your taglines...

Morning,
                  This is my first post. I keep seeing your taglines declaring; "AF since ..." and thinking--"if I had started back then..."

Still, I'm not entirely sure today is my day.

I ordered the book and joined the forum yesterday just yesterday. I don't really know quite how the program works. I have tried to cut down here and there. I've set limits and followed them for a while and even gone weeks at a time without a drink. I don't feel that I have sustained balance for a long time. I want that. I think I want to "ease into" drinking less in the same way I "eased into" drinking too much. It doesn't really work that way, does it. drat.

At any rate, I'm here. I'm encouraged by the good work y'all are doing. Thanks for this community. I'm looking forward to learning more and being on the journey together.

Comment

:welcome:

Welcome Chichi!!

Hey, didn't feel much different a couple of weeks ago. When you could've should've started isn't an issue at all. The fact that you're here now. That you say you want to start changing your ways to achieve that BALANCE, that counts for EVERYTHING on the other hand.

What you did yesterday doesn't count, what you do tomorrow doesn't count, the important fact is that you're here right now doing something.

ODAT meaning One Day at a Time is a golden principle. Don't worry about how challenging staying sober for the rest of your life or even just the next week sounds. Because what counts is that you get through today. First things first.

I wish you all the best for your journey. Read the book, work out your sobriety plan and then give it your best shot!!! A lot of good material on this forum as well. Pick up what you can and figure out your own way to beat this. Because as common as the problem is to all of us we are still unique and different things work better for different people.

Please keep reading and posting and We're looking forward to getting to know you.

Also don't feel shy to open a new thread introducing yourself. You will see that you will be VERY, VERY warmly welcome :-)
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

We are happy to have you here Chichiguita (wow thats a mouthful, lol)

You will figure your way around the website. We do an ODAT (One Day at A Time) thread everyday. Someone will start it, and others post to try to make a commitment for being sober that day.

Im glad your here, and I hope you benefit from this and get to where you want to be.

Johnny, SO PROUD of you and your 100 days!!!! Wow, thats a great milestone! We appreciate having you here so much, so good to have you back.

Nice to see everyone else this morning too, I will be working all day... so like Johnny said it will keep us out of trouble.

Enjoy your day today!
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations Johnny. It only seems like a month or so ago that you started. Thank you for sharing your journey including the trials and tribulations along the way. Here's to the next 100

Rustop

Comment

welcome chichi, great to see you here. we're all here just to make it through today without a drink. take your time here and read and post lots, you will find oodles of inspiration!

johnnyh im sooooooooo proud you have 100 days, i wish it was me!

still, day 2 for me (i made it yesterday, took antabuse this morning). already the demon in my head is saying... don't take anymore, you'll be fine to drink at the weekend. so i'm off to read my posts where i've desperately reached out for help, to remind me why i should take the antabuse and NOT a drink!

good luck odaters
                          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Wow Girly, you took your Antabuse this morning?? WOW! Way to go! Im so proud of you!!

Have you taken it before? Im sure Johnny would answer any questions if youhave any.

Im so proud of you!
                            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Fantastic Girly!!! Glad you're pulling through with this. Just take the tablet in the morning don't even start entertaining arguments in your head. You'll make it!!!!

Indeed, please do feel free to post if you have got any questions Loooove Antabuse. It's a great, great tool for me.

Thanks guys. 100 days feels fantastic!! And it does just feel like it's been a month.
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X