Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk

(E);64012 wrote: I'm new here. I have a drinking problem and the worst part of it all is that I'm sitting across from my wife right now, I've been drinking all night and I dont feel like I can talk to her. I've battled with depression for quite a while, she knows about that, but I cant really talk with her about that either. Every time it comes up she gets weird, and I dont blame her I have a very close friend that killed himself earlier this year, and I think shes afraid that I'll do something like that. But I wont! I dont want to! I just need someone to talk to, to help me work out some things, and help me get off alcohol. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Hi there I am new too. Yesterday was my first day sober and I started with the Clearing Cd, then slept to the Sleep Learning. This morning I hooked up to this site. I did not do much yesterday just tried to stay calm. My partner is away in England for 2 months and he is always skeptical when I say "tomorrow I am stopping". So I did not need any negativity, not that I blame him. When I was young I was the youngest member in the band (17) and I just drank to be cool and did not even like the taste. I hardly remember my teen years but I could always play. My twenties I held great jobs and had heaps of friends so to keep in touch with all the different ones I was drinking almost every night. I forget when I stopped asking visitors if they wanted a cup of tea and offered a glass of wine instead. But that must have been the start.

I kept drinking and found cocaine kept me sober and I could drink more. It was easy for me to give up cocaine and smoking but alcohol was always a struggle. At present, before yesterday that is, I found I was starting to argue with myself an hour or two before I finished work, will I, wont I, please God dont let me stop for a bottle of wine, on the way home it would be I will just buy one, then closer to the bottle shop - I had better but two incase I want extra and I can't drive after I have drunk one bottle.
    I did not find the Kudzu any help but I did not have the CDs then, My Doctor gave me valium one at night but they make me feel strange and I drive now for a living. I was very cleaver I knew when to stop drinking so I would show a clear reading for work. But work suffers, relationships suffer etc.
    I am not taking Topiramate because I drive a lot but m ay get it on line if I think I need it. Anyway wish me luck and I wish you luck with your first steps

Comment

Talk

Oh I believe I was born depressed and have had bi-polar, all my life. (In my time was called manic depression. I believe it is harder for our type but not impossible.

Comment

Talk

sober reality;306192 wrote: Hi there. This is my first visit. I've searched the web for hours - hoping to find help. Nothing ever compelled me till I found"My Way Out". Ready to make a change. It's been difficult to say the least. Totally convinced myself I didnt have a problem - I can stop drinking any time I choose - right? I have two boys who have never said anything but I know in my heart they're worried. Cant seem to just have a glass or two - it's never enough. I just want to be soberand find the clarity that was once there - but cant get it together to make it happen. HELP!!!
        :welcome:
        Hello, So glad you found MWO! Today is day 2 for me and I have struggled a little today but for the most part it has not been bad. I'm staying close to this site and reach out on live chat if it gets really hard. I am going to get the book, supplements etc. You can make it happen! There are so many great people that are here to help you succeed. I just finally made up my mind that the misery had to end. I hope you find the peace and sobriety that you are looking for. Take Care.

Comment

Talk

:welcome:Barbara - just fyi, you're responding to an old post (dates in the upper left hand corner).

I wanted to say hi and give you a link to the Toolbox, which is full of good information. Take a look at that and read all you have time for. Then, post your questions.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Sending you peace and strength,
          Choochie

Comment

Working...
          X