Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days AF

Hi 4 - congrats.

As a newbie it would be great to hear your positive experiences over your 30 days - may also help you decide on your long term goals.

IR

Comment

30 Days AF

Congratulations on the 30 days that is awesome, you should be proud of yourself. The decision you are facing about whether to return to alcohol is a very personal one. The good news is that your head should be clear to really think about it. For me, I know that I cannot return to alcohol because I know that I cannot moderate, I have tried for years and years. I love my sober life, and I love my kids way too much to go back. All the best to you,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

30 Days AF

Hi 4myhealth.. Just want to add my big voice to the other big ones out there!!! Great achievement, be proud and loud . Onya Sonya (silly aussie saying)
        Big hugs
        Patrice

Comment

30 Days AF

Now Day 33

:thanks: to everyone for taking time to respond! My clear head has told me to continue this AF journey for another 30. I'm not having any cravings so why pop a beer just for the sake of drinking!

I re-read my posts from before I began the journey as a few of you recommended and I'm so happy I am where I am today. I remember looking at others who posted that they were 15, 20, 30 or more days AF and I desperately wanted to fast-forward myself so I didn't have to go thru the pain of withdrawal. Why in the world would I want to start over at Day 1!!!!!

Ian had asked what have been my positive experiences during this AF time, so here are just a few:

- My blood pressure went from 174/125 to 110/78 - that in itself is HUGE!!
          - I fall sleep easily and stay asleep through the night
          - I no longer have heartburn - no more meds!
          - I lost a few pounds (I had hoped for more but oh well)
          - My skin feels hydrated instead of dry and chaffed
          - I don't feel jittery all the time and my balance is improving
          - I don't have to worry about what I said or did the night before because now I remember
          - I'm saving money
          - I'm a much better role model for my kiddos
          - I'm a happier person to be around (even though I had my grouchy spells, my hubby says I am much more pleasant on a day to day basis)

Anyway, thanks again everyone for taking the time to post. Your positive words were helpful in making my decision

Day 33 AF and counting
          NF - 3/17/09

AF since 5/24/10

Comment

30 Days AF

Well done 4myhealth, forward & up.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

30 Days AF

Congratulations, 4myhealth! :rockon:

Comment

30 Days AF

Congrats! You are amazing. You must feel amazing too!

Comment

30 Days AF

4My - thanks for this - great stuff.

Comment

30 Days AF

4 my, great decision. prancy

Comment

30 Days AF

I am soo glad you made this choice. All of your reasons to stay AF were very very true and isnt it nice to have your health come back to where you want it? I lost weight too and have never felt better about myself - 4.5 months AF.
                      Great job - you are inspiring others, please go out there and be a role model to the newbies that are struggling just like you and i were.

Comment

Working...
                      X