ODAT 23rd June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT 23rd June

Hello everyone to come. Lovely sunny day in Merseyside.
    Bad night with nightmares but not caused by alcohol. Lots on my mind at the moment but drinking certainly will not help.
    I feel great now I am up and about and what pleases me is that although I have slipped up twice lately (with alcohol) My record of being alcohol free is the best I have ever done.20 alcohol free days out of the last 26 days.Day 3 again for me but I would not have done it without this forum.x:thanks:

ODAT 23rd June

Morning anon,
    Its a beautiful day here in Worcestershire. Day 20 for me today ( the longest I have ever managed so far). I agree about this forum. The support is fantastic. The people on here are so genuiene and warm.Have a lovely AF day. Its great to be sober! x
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Morning Rebirth and Anon. Well i was doing so well yesterday shud hav bin day 27 but the urge to drink got the better of me and i caved in.:upset: This morning i feel so guilty and hungover so its either day 1 or day 28. But 27 days was the longest i ever did on this forumn so its onwards and upwards and back on the wagon. Hope you all have a good af day. :sorry:

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Hi Firefox,
        26 days is STILL amazing!! Wow. I wouldnt feel down about it cause it shows that you can do it. I know how hard it is as I battle with some serious cravings every now and then. Four major ones so far. At least you can start again straight away! I envy you. I just know me and I couldnt start again the next day if I slip ....it would probably be another six months or something rediculous until I muster the courage to stop drinking again. I just cant afford to slip. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Firefox;893437 wrote: Morning Rebirth and Anon. Well i was doing so well yesterday shud hav bin day 27 but the urge to drink got the better of me and i caved in.:upset: This morning i feel so guilty and hungover so its either day 1 or day 28. But 27 days was the longest i ever did on this forumn so its onwards and upwards and back on the wagon. Hope you all have a good af day. :sorry:
          firefox

just because you drank yesterday it does not take away from you the 27 dry days you had. don't look at it as day one. look at it as day 28 in your journey of improvement. thats the point of odat. just make sure you stay sober today.:h

day 3 for me. rather grumpy as its my:h wedding anniversary :htoday and i'd love nothing more than to have a nice meal with my husband and a bottle of champagne.

anon rebirth great work, keep going x
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Firefox --Just follow the advice you gave me when I caved in as it was so helpful. It was about keeping busy and and seemed so positive. Do not feel to down about this slip just get back on the wagon and perhaps an AA meeting. I am sending loads of love and positive vibes over the Irish Sea.

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Hi guys.

Mornings everyone. And well done to you on your AF time. whether this was interrupted by those slips or whether that is continous AF time. Indeed if not trying to stay AF those would have all been AL days, right?! So you're on great course. Just keep fighting and the AF days will keep adding.

Girly, it will get better!!!! Don't entertain the thoughts of how romantic AL is. Because has it ever been?! And would it ever just been a romantic glass of champagne? Or the bottle with more AL followed after and a not so romatic ending?!

There is nothing romantic in my mind to AL. whether that be champagne or any other kind.

You've kept taking the AB the last two days?!

You're doing great Girly, Sobriety is the best anniversary gift you can give yourself
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Hey Girly Wirly
                johnnyh is right. I alsolove champagne but its never a romantic glass for me. On the contrary! In reality I would have made sure there was plenty of stock in the fridge incase I needed more. I would drink my first glass very quickly, then drink the next three very quickly, then open another bottle ( by then dont care what it is)..then get so plastered that I cannot remember what I said and did the next day. And then feel like a piece of shit. lol. My version of a romantic night.
                Last saturday I celebrated an anniversary with my partner and we both had a non alcoholic cocktail. It was nice to remember the night for a change. x
                Be strong-

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Aaaaand..... Those romantic 'moments' at the end of the evening are so much more 'romantic' AF as well.
                  AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Thanks for your support and advice everyone and happy anniversary girly. I'm hoping to make a meeting at AA 2morrow as my sister is calling later. Its tough trying to stay on the wagon but i'll try stay focused today.

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

johnnyh- it certainly was! Being sober is a totally different ball game. ahem. lol
                      Be strong-

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Happy Anniversary, girly!

Gosh, looking back any celebration with alcohol and myself never really turned out that well. Mostly blacked out or some stupid shit happened. Esp.... since my ex was an alcoholic as well. Bad news for us!

Well yesterday was rough. Not as rough coming off any previous bender, however. I think it is because the last bender was months ago, and I have been kind of taking care of myself a bit better. I can't say I have been completely sober either, but my binging definitely has reduced. Kind of mad about this last one and allowing my mother get the best of me. I know it was ME that put the bottles to my lips, but man, I can't handle anymore of her toxicity... I see her very rarely because of it; it will be a LONG while since I see her again.

Anyway, kind of dragging my but today. That typical lethargy after sobering up. Why I keep doing this, I will never know!!

However, onwards and upwards.

ODAT. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Happy Anniversary Girly!! (sorry I missed that part in the pool thread) Hope you get a nice foot squeeze!

Hi to everyone else!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Happy Anniversary Girly!
                            Glad to see you today! Sorry you feel a bit grumpy, it happens...just try to ride it out. I noticed you haven't started that AB yet. I know it's scary because it's such a huge committment, but I think you might find it also provides a lot of mental relief too...just speaking from personal experience.
                            I hope you have a wonderful anniversary with your husband. I've never been in a relationship sober, so I wouldn't know how good it can actually be ("dessert"...wink, wink)
                            :h
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

ODAT 23rd June

Anybody seen Overit or Mama today?
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X