ODAT 24th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT 24th June

Been a few days since I've checked in but a lovely rainy day here. Too busy with work for my mind to wander. Looking forward to the weekend and I hope everyone is doing well too. Day 20 for me.
    Diggin' being alive

ODAT 24th June

Hi.Same here! Day 20 for me too. I am amazed that I have got this far??? Are you?
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Well done rebirth and woywoy boy! Keep going! Stay strong.

I am day 1 today. Was day 25 yesterday and then just hit a wall. It was a chaotic day yesterday and it was like all obstacles turned up at once. One thing after another went wrong and I didn't have any strength left. It was like some sort of defeat where I had to wave the white flag...Anyway I'm not feeling too bad today. It was "only" one bottle of wine, a month ago it would have been 2+ to help me cope with the day I had.

I am starting again afresh. Hope everyones having a great day

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Hi Gertrude ,This alcohol it is an evil foe. Well done on looking at the positive i.e. it was only one bottle not two. Glad you posted and just get back on your horse and think of all the AF days under your belt. I bet your liver is pleased. Liz x:h

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Hi gertrude. You have done amazingly well and to go back on the wagon after your slip is commendable. I dont think I could do that..if i slip it would take me months to get my willpower back up and start again. I have a terrible terrible addiction for AL. Stay with us. xx
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Anon - thanks, yes my liver felt like it was just starting to recover, I was feeling healthier - it took a few weeks!

Rebirth - I'm still in a bit of a panic, better than yesterday though. Yes, the thought has come into my head a few times today to get some more wine but I will not let it beat me! It has taken me years to do something about my drinking and even though I'm day 1 again, I feel like I'm on the right track this time.

It is hard to admit that I can only cope with life up to a certain point, then BAM I convince myself I can't go any further till I have a drink. It is evil indeed!

Comment

ODAT 24th June

day 4
              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Heya Guys!!!

Glad you've gotten so far allready Girly!! Please keep taking the Antabuse and don't even consider drinking on them. I can tell you it will give you anything BUT a pleasant buzz. so what's the point?! YOu won't get drunk either because you'll be puking out your lungs allready.

Stay strong Girl. Very proud of you. YOu're doing well.. I'm sure you'll start feeling stronger in a couple of days. but take it OMAT as you said on the other thread. No use thinking about tomorrow. Just stick it out today
                AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Hi Guys......great attitude gertrude...atta girl
                  be strong girly...I worry about you
                  Morning everyone lese!!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Hi Mama! Johnny! Girly! Rebirth, Gertrude, Anon, and Woywoyboy!

Whew, is that everyone? Girly, I am very proud of your for taking the Antabuse. I think you made a very smart decision for you and your family. It was the right thing to do even if it doesnt feel like it.

Hey Mama, how are you doing? Having a good week? Mine is just So So. Ill get there.
                    Always nice to hear from Johhny. I miss him when he goes away!

For you guys who are struggling, I hear ya. Just dont give up. Read Johnnys signature. Really read it, it will give you hope.

Its a new day (well here its morning). Keep doing your best!
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Hi ODAT'ers,

Been meaning to check in for a while now, great to see everyone is doing so well! My travel schedule for work has been ridulucous so I haven't had a lot of free time, but maybe that's a good thing. Still seems like I'm always getting ahead of myself in thinking about the future but I try to remind myself the future comes a day at a time... like this thread.

Have a great day everyone and let's treat ourselves to something special at the end of it - I'm thinking mint chocolate chip ice-cream but feel free to go with your own flavor ;-)

SoFlo
                      "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                      AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Good morning!

I have a buuusy day! I am feeling so much better now it has been a few days since coming off my last 4 day binge.

What is terrible is having to put the recycling out this morning. I was thinking, "did I really drink all of that?" OMG! Not to mention that terrible clanking sound.

I certainly DO NOT MISS THOSE DAYS AT ALL! I remember the internal embarrassment of having to put out empties in the old days. eeesh!

Well must run! Have a great day everyone!

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Accountable for Me;894169 wrote: What is terrible is having to put the recycling out this morning. I was thinking, "did I really drink all of that?" OMG! Not to mention that terrible clanking sound.
                          heh, I can relate - I was the only house in my neighborhood with THREE recycling bins. The worst was they come at like 7am, what a loud, depressing wakeup call. It was enough to make me switch to cans. Funny the lengths we'll go to...
                          "I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten"
                          AF since June 24, 2011

Comment

ODAT 24th June

Good Morning All,

Well was, until I was paying my bills and found out my lovely daughter just cost me 300.00 dollars because she went over her texting limit - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I am so angry I don't know what to do, she claims she did not know her friend did not have verizon, which we have verizon to verizon unlimited. Unbelievable, I want to throw up. I know I have to let my husband know and that is not going to be pretty, so I am praying I stay strong tonight or maybe I won't tell him, what should I do?

18 days today and feeling great about it, can not let this bring me down. Sorry for the rambling, but have to tell someone.

Two :upset:

Comment

ODAT 24th June

two sox...get unlimited texting on her phone....that's what I did with my two teenagers....my hubs would go through the roof so I probably wouldn't tell him, not sure how your hubs would be
                              Accountable...glad you are feeling better....
                              Hi So FLO
                              starting bac tomorrow...wish me luck!!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X