Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Happened Again

The Beast struck again.

One of my co-workers died. 35 years old. Kidney failure brought on by acute alcohol poisoning. 3 kids are now without a mother.

Keep that in mind next time the bastard tries to lure you in.....
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

It Happened Again

OMG! Only 35 year old! So sorry to hear this, K9. My heart goes out to these children. I hope they have other family to help them through this and support them.

You are so right, we all need to be mindlful of what alcohol can do to us. No matter how long we have been living AF, it only takes ONE Drink to start the whole deadly spriral down again!

Thank you for this reminder!
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

It Happened Again

AWFUL! another poor family ravaged by the bottle. So sad 9.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

It Happened Again

What? This is very sad. Can you tell us a bit more about what happened??? Did you know her very well??
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

It Happened Again

god everytime i hear of another taken by al is just a reminder of why i dont ever want to go back .. drinking..... i could have been next and thank god i made the change and thank god everyone that is trying their best ...to find their way out from al
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

It Happened Again

Yes~ tell us more!

How scary! Was she an alcoholic? Did you know? On a binge? How much did she drink to cause this? Or did she have known kidney issues already?
            Everyone thinks it's our livers that are at risk......it's every organ isn't it.......Oh God bless her family.

Comment

It Happened Again

That is simply tragic...and a stark reminder how powerful the beast can be when you dance with him.....
              God help these poor kids as given the girls's age, I would imagine they are young. Too sad.

Thanks for posting K9, we should always be aware what booze can do..
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

It Happened Again

My skin crawled when I read your post. The poor family. Alcohol is dangerous. The poor poor children.
                Be strong-
                We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

It Happened Again

That is so so sad, as a mother of 3 kids, who are my everything, I am lost for words.:upset:

Comment

It Happened Again

That is so very very sad. Like you say, keep that in mind the next time the devil tries to seduce us.
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

It Happened Again

oh my god. This news says it all for me. I know that death is inevitable and sometimes hits you without reason. But when its self induced and you could have done something about it....how very sad. I HATE alcohol. Its minipulative, misleading.Its so evil!
                      Be strong-
                      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

It Happened Again

Very tragic. I noticed that yesterday was Cowgal's birthday.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

It Happened Again

Holy Cow K9. I am so sorry
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

It Happened Again

That is awful. Thank you for sharing that with us K9, it really is another reality check, isn't it?!

I'm so sorry.
                            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

It Happened Again

Yes, it's a horrible tragedy. I was not really close to this person, she worked in another department but I did have dealings with her from time to time and I liked what I knew of her. She did have that "look" of someone that drinks and smokes A LOT (you know how you can just tell sometimes?) I just had no idea it was THAT bad. But that's what alcohol does, it tricks you and convinces you things aren't "that bad". I'm sure she had been abusing alcohol (maybe other things too?) for years. I hear that her father was a raging alcoholic as well. It's just so sad how alcohol can rob you of your life. And those poor kids, my heart goes out to them. They are innocent victims.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X