X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Good morning everybody!
    Wishing all of a great week-end!
    Quick update: I have spent most of the week in bed. Doc worried about meningites, but turns out to be a nasty kidney infection. Got anibiotics and all, and then, I asked him if I may be honest with him. Now picture this: he is a fairly strict looking guy, first date for us, I am quite a strong character... So I said: I have known or a while that I drink way to much, could this be the cause? He said: How much were you drinking, dear? I said: Sometimes a bottle of vodka a day, doc. That shut him up, got me unto the bed, and checked my vitals.... So he sent me for blood tests! Guys!!! My liver shows no sigh that I ever drank?!? A miracle??

So, here is to Day 20! Still ODAT, but, the cravings are gone... The habit is still there though.

Gratitude all the way!

Lots of love to ll of us!!! xxx

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Very good fortune about you liver and congrats on day 20! I'm on day 22 and the cravings have well and truly gone but like yourself Sol, the habit is still there- we just need to change that habit.
    Diggin' being alive

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Hey guys.

Solitaire. Very grateful for you Just still take this as THE opportunity though. You have a chance of a full life beyond your recovery. Don't for a second when the cravings hit you start entertaining the thought of how little damage the drinking has ever done to you. Because the physical side (and there's obviously more to the body that gets damaged when drinking then the liver) isn't the only thing that gets harmed.

That's fantastic news.

Hope you get better soon and recover from your illness
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

A miracle! Someone is looking after you soilitaire..giving you a second chance. I am day 23 and so happy to be sober! You cant beat it can you. Mentally still alot of work to do but it's comforting to know that there are so many trying to do the same. x
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Hi everyone

Great to see so many people doing well and into double digits. Solitaire - you are very lucky, the liver is amazing but being AF is the kindest thing we can do for it.

Hope you all have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Hey all,

I'm day 7 AF today.. still waiting for rehab, though not sure I need to go anymore as I have sorted out the stresses that led to my breakdown 3 weeks ago! Feeling good..
            "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

ODATERS!!!

A big shout out of encouragement to everyone!! :goodjob:

solitaire, what a wonderful gift you have been given. Proud of you for stepping up to the plate with your doc, I know that took a lot of courage. Now hang on to that courage and return the favor to your lovely liver, right? johnnyh is spot-on.

KatieB, very well done on 7 days! Not that you asked, but I think you need to stick to the rehab plan. Sometimes the ground is not as solid as you think. There will be future bigger stresses and it would be good to know you're better equipped to deal with them.

Hey ho rustop! Keep the pace, GF!!

Today is 8 months for me. Not that I count too much anymore but I thought I'd point that out since it should be over 2 years but someone thought they could mod after a year. Keep going and don't kid yourself!! Keep yer big girl pants on!!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Morning ODATr's!
                Sol~so glad you're recovering on all fronts! Umm--strong character?? Who'd a thunk?! xox
                Congrats to woywoyboy and Rebirth too. I'm going to get there again!
                Johnny thanks for being so present, honest and caring!
                Hiya Rustop.
                Great news on the 7 days KatieB and nice to see you back at it! I, like Greenie hope you stay on the list for rehab. I think her words are caring and wise. Learn all the tools you can while they are offered. Thinking of you often girl. xox
                Thank you too Greenie for sharing your own history.
                OI and Mama hope you guys are well!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Hi R.C.! Hi Everyone!!!!

Nice to see you back Katie!! I have been wondering how you were doing. Dont be a stranger for so long again, ok??

I have 4 days off of work, and no plans of anything to do! I am not complaining, just wondering what to do. Going to try to take this break and really think about my life and re evaulate where to go from here.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I will check in throughout my time off.
                  I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Mama here....I am a wreck this morning since my sweet husband found out his office is closing and he is basically unemployed. I woke up in a full blown panic attack at 5 am and have been bawling and crying ever since. I have taken a klonopin and calming down so I dont completely freak out my family.
                    No drinking....just terribly upset. Life seems so unfair at times...
                    ok...i have my big girl panties on and am going to take a cat nap and calm down.....I'll be fine...my emotional bucket just feels a little empty....
                    have a happy AF Saturday everyone!!
                    Day 2 on Bac......can't tell anything yet, but they do make me a little drowsy.......
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Hi Mama,

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Was this just a shock to him or did you have any idea it was coming?

I completely understand about financial stress, Im there too! I really envy those of you who do not have financial worries, its really not a fun way to live to always worry about money.

Try not to worry so much Mama, where there is a will there is a way, and Im sure things will work out. Have faith!

Love you,

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

we suspected something was up....just not this. My hubs went from making over 6 figures a year being self employed...and now he has commission only jobs that create alot of stress and insecurity for us...that's one of the things that caused me to start drinking so much....
                        I know we will get thru this, but I am so tired of bad news, and my heart aches for him....plus it sucks being some damn broke all the time.
                        Guess I was just overdue for a full blown pity party
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Aw Mama (((hugs))).

I am in my normally make or bread season after a long hard winter. I am going to work 7 days a week just to pull it together. If I don't I will have to give my business up of 15 years. I cannot afford to drink at all to keep sharp and focused now.

I hope a wonderful solution comes your way very soon and for all us that need it. xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

You will get through it Mama, and R.C. too! Im thinking about you both today!

And its OK to have a pity party sometimes. Im kinda having one today too, but for no particular reason, other than just...sigh.. life.

Comment

ODAT SAT 26 JUNE

Thanks Sista!!! I hope you make a plan to find some positive things to do with your 4 days off. You know what will happen if you don't?? No judgement just a reminder friend. xox

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X