Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New beginnings!!

Hi all,
    Returning from a long away time of unhealthiness... with a new much stronger committment. Had to join AA to finally realize who I am and what I want to become.
    This forum is great but I sometimes need real live bodies to talk to. When the long time sober ones are in my face I am reminded much stronger later in the night when they are not there.

This next statement is what I'm working on now and I bet resounds with many of you!
    Why do we drink???

Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for
    only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the
    right attitude toward others.
    --Wilfred Peterson
    Don't drink and be in community, here and everywhere healthy!

AF since 6/19/2010
    May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

New beginnings!!

Welcome back Cherbear.
    Sounds like you have made a strong commitment. This is a good place to hang out when you are not otherwise occupied with "real live bodies." prancy

Comment

New beginnings!!

Hi Cherbear. I also attend AA but I particularly love this forum as there are so many people trying to give up. Its been day 23 for me. A first in 15 years. Cravings are sometimes intense but its worth the battle. I was a complete drunk 23 days ago. I would have been happy to shut the door and drink 24 hours.I thought it was my friend but now i see that's its my enemy. Alcohol is so deceitful
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

New beginnings!!

HI Cherbear,

Welcome back.

AA and real live support is great. I've been to an AA meeting recently too when I was struggling particularly and it was great to be sourrounded by ppl struggling like me.

This forum is a great tool and addition to that too. There's a time for everything I guess. The times this forum will do it all for me and the times I need to get to a meeting to keep my sanity

Glad to have you back on board and all the best for your restarted journey
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

New beginnings!!

Hi, Cherbear - Check out the AA thread in monthly abs if you haven't already. I agree, there's nothing like real live people sometimes. Seeing the long term sober is such an inspiration, and seeing a new person or a relapser is an unbelievably powerful reminder of where we've been or what we could become again. Admitting we are alcoholics is a huge step, and in my opinion, a necessary one if we are ever to truly heal. Wishing you well on the journey. Take care. :h
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

New beginnings!!

Cherbear;895281 wrote: Hi all,
            Returning from a long away time of unhealthiness... with a new much stronger committment. Had to join AA to finally realize who I am and what I want to become.
            This forum is great but I sometimes need real live bodies to talk to. When the long time sober ones are in my face I am reminded much stronger later in the night when they are not there.

This next statement is what I'm working on now and I bet resounds with many of you!
            Why do we drink???

Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for
            only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the
            right attitude toward others.
            --Wilfred Peterson
            Don't drink and be in community, here and everywhere healthy!

AF since 6/19/2010
            Welcome back Cherbear and nice to meet you. Yes those words definintely resonate with me. Thank you!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

New beginnings!!

Nice to meet you Cherbear,

I hear you, I am ready for a new beginning too! We can do it, if we want it and we try.

Currently I have 4 days off of work, I am thinking with 4 days away from the Hell Hole, this is a perfect time to put a plan together.

Lets do this!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

New beginnings!!

Hi Cherbear welcome back. I love your strong commitment keep reaching for your goals. Keep posting we would love to hear lots more from you. BTW, I am a real live body. I am not bits, I am atoms...lol
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New beginnings!!

Hi everyone,
                  thanks for the support, and the reminder that y ou guys are live bodies too tee hee, The computer has always been a battle for me.. Not as much as old AL though.
                  Trying to stay strong
                  May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

New beginnings!!

Hang in there we are live bodies I knew what you were saying...
                    talk to you Cherbear
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

New beginnings!!

Cool! I am back after a long absence as well.

Comment

New beginnings!!

Welcome back Cherbear! I too find the face to face support in AA very vital to my sobriety in addition to the support here at MWO. As Dance mentioned, there is a new thread every week in the Monthly Abs section where anyone (whether you are actively attending AA or not) is welcome to discuss AA related topics. We often discuss topics that came up in meetings or topics that come up in the Daily Readings. Again, ALL are welcome to contribute there!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...7-a-43195.html

Why did I drink?

* Because I'm addicted to alcohol and my brain wanted fixes.
                        * To "solve" (aka run away from) problems
                        * To try to bridge the gap between how I wanted to appear on the outside (confident, self assured) and how I really felt on the inside (uncertain, insecure). ("an ounce of courage" didn't work)
                        * Because I'm addicted to alcohol oh wait a minute I already listed that.

That's a short list anyway.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

New beginnings!!

Techie,
                          so is that you in the picture?
                          prancy

Comment

Working...