X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small victory

Just got back from the market.
    No vino in hand.
    I have not done that in a long time, too long.
    Now I know I've done this before and eventually go back to my wicked ways so I am eating my humble pie and being grateful.
    We'll have a nap now and then get back to the painting which I did start this morning and will post a pick when it is at a stage I am happy with.

Small victory

Great Job!!! Looking forward to seeing the painting.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Small victory

Great plan '67. What are you painting?
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Small victory

awesome 67 and would love to see when you are ready for showing
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Small victory

working on an elephant!

Comment

Small victory

:goodjob: 1967!! As Sheri said, one day at a time. I too would love to see your painting!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Small victory

Those small victories add up! Well done! Looking forward to seeing the painting!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Small victory

thanks for the encouragement guys!
                i did work on zee elephant this afternoon.
                thought about wine a couple of time but no triggers in my living room so it was fine.
                i really have to learn to cope with life's stressor better.
                yes, i know i need a plan.

sticking close to this site definitely helps.
                thanks!!!!!

Comment

Small victory

problem is when at work i cannot check in during the day.
                  non es possible.

it is only 7 40 and i feel like getting ready for bed and read.
                  this is just my schedule.
                  i need to socialize more but in the early evening i am TIRED!

i have been drinking a long time and it is going to take my body time to recover.
                  facts.

Comment

Small victory

My suggestion is to put your sobriety FIRST right now. By a long shot. If it feels right for your current program to go to bed early and read, then do it. Don't feel obligated to do anything beyond just what is necessary to stay sober. There is plenty of time later to figure out sober socializing. Protect your sobriety!

Congratulations on another sober day!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Small victory

I'm very happy for you 1967 & glad to see you back here with us!
                      Stay as close as possible - there's great strength in numbers

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Small victory

am back up and it is 10pm.
                        it has been like this the last few nights.
                        it's okay because if i am sleepy tomorrow it doesn't matter.
                        when school is in session being awake at 10 freaks me out because i am up at 5 and don't finish until 5pm.
                        my doctor suggests a different job.
                        i don't want to give in.
                        for goodness sake this is the first 'real' job (in my field) i've ever held.

i have had a sleep disorder since childhood and too much excitement in the day always caused problems at night - i thought wine helped. it just complicates things further.

gotta learn to pace myself while school is in session.
                        generally i only travel in summer i have been thinking perhaps i travel during the school year when we are off so that i can break things up a bit.
                        just kinda talking to myself i suppose. i have the summer to try and come up w/a workable plan.

Comment

Small victory

total crappy nights rest.
                          i was up and down all night.
                          at least the cat seems a little better- learnt saturday his kidneys are failing.
                          i know he is old but it still upsets me.
                          at least i know and can now stay on top of his diet and make sure he eats more and puts on weight.
                          i have put on weight all of a sudden too.
                          whatever, it is easy for me to shed it. i will sign up for a meal plan today. my problem is when i cook for myself at home i tend towards tuna sandwiches and crap.
                          i at a whole box of pringles yesterday. duh! and this morning i jump on the scale and think 'whoops!

okay workers come in 1/2 hr let me get outta here.

note to self:
                          going into day 5

Comment

Small victory

Back from town. I thought about wine, yup, but I didn't act on it. It could have gone either way.
                            The clincher was I was hungry!
                            I signed up for my monthly lunch meal plan but I didn't have any place to eat it so I was starving by two. I worked out in the morning as well. Then i had appointments and got a lot accomplished.
                            I was going to go make a hair appointment and then decided, let it wait.
                            I couldn't come home at 2 because the men are working in my apartment. So, I took a longer alternate route home. I could have stopped somewhere for 'one' glass of wine (yeah right), but I didn't.

I have to eat lunch at a sensible time. No later than 1PM for sure.
                            Cat is stressed from the workers, he is sitting with me. Things have to be done around here.
                            Thanks for everyone's support.
                            I will use the drink checker until 7 or so. There is wine in the house, which I cannot get rid of.
                            I don't want to take for granted I've accomplished day 5 yet.

Comment

Small victory

You're doing great, 1967.

I can relate very much to you. I had a stressful job with crazy hours. Often, I had to be at work at 5 a.m and work until 3:30 p.m. ...sometimes after working a p.m. (which sometimes went as late as 10 pm, depending upon patient b.p.'s at the end of the night). My doctor told me to get a different job, which ticked me off- but, eventually I had to. I had sleep difficulties as it was and the crazy hours made things all the worse.

I just found out my kitty has renal failure, too. Hang in there. My girl has stabilized and doing pretty well, thank goodness. There's tons of support on this forum for kitty health woes, too!

Give yourself a big pat on the back for staying strong in the face of all this adversity. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X