90 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 days

Right I'm going to blow me own trumpet now since no-one else is and I'm proud. I've got 90 days sobriety and I don't care if I'm being big headed because it's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

AL has affected a lot of my life - over 50% of it in some way or another and I spent my 20s and early 30s not living because of it. Im 13 weeks my life has opened up immensely to the point where I have to regularly reign it in. People actually like me sober and want to spend time with me. That's the thing that means so much to me. However to get to this point I have to work every minute, every hour of every day. There is no room for slacking and I've to put my sobriety FIRST.

Friday I was on my way to an event I'd been planning for months but I felt so much in danger of having a drink I sought out and went to an AA meeting. This made me late but at one point I decided if I had to I would miss the event and stay in my hotel room if I had to.

So that's me and perhaps I'll write my story out at some point, when I get around to it!

90 days

:goodjob:A big congratulations UKblonde, I'll blow on my vuvuzela to salute you.
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

90 days

UKB Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :wave::wave:

there's not blowing your own trumpet involved here These milestones are so important for us to recognise. To ackwnoledge them and be grateful. That's what keeps us from going of the trax. Grattitude.

I now you've had some serious struggles along the way. So even more well, well done to stick through all of them. For throwing all at your sobriety.

And it's also so great for those starting out on their journey to see that ppl are really managing to stay AF here. It's encouraging.

Well done and thanks for all your posts and responses.

Let's keep supporting each other!!

Congratz.
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

90 days

Congrats UK!!!! Way to go!

And BLOW THAT TRUMPET! You deserve to!

Comment

90 days

I'll shout it from the rooftops for you!!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

90 days

Congratulations UK!! Woo Hoo!! I am so happy for you, you are definitely embracing your new life of Sober and Concious Living! I love reading your posts, you always bring up great points and tips on what it means to "Work at Sobriety", and not just wishing and hoping for the best!

Best Wishes as you continue to move forward!!
            XO KateH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

90 days

Congratulations U.K.! Im very happy for your success. I would be tooting my own horn too!!

There is another thread dedicated to you in "General Discussion" Just wanted to make sure you did not miss it too!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

90 days

BRAVO UK!!!!!!!!!!
                YOU ARE KICKING SOME SERIOUS AL ASS!!!!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

90 days

This is a huge achievement UK. Congratulation's, keep going, and here's to another 90!

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

90 days

::grouptrophy:
                    That is FANTASTIC!!!! Wow. Hope I can say that one day too. x
                    Be strong-
                    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

90 days

UK,

You deserve to blow your own horn.

I feel badly that I didn't first!!! The mind of an alkie. Geez.

But you are doing so well and it feels good to live in a world where we can all figure out what it takes to get out of this sheer madness.

I look forward to your 6 months.

And then the pregnancy chip. :H:H

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

90 days

Well done UK Blonde. Fabulous effort. Great willpower. You rock!
                        Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

90 days

Yeah, bit embarassed there are two threads about me now-I posted first then I think Johnny picked up on it and started the second thread.

Anyway yes, this is a really serious matter -sobriety that is and it's not easy. I first went to my Dr 7 years ago, told him I thought I had a drink problem. Since then I've tried just about everything, numerous times to stop. Took a complete change of thinking to get this far and it's still a challenge every day.

Thanks for all your support.

Comment

90 days

UK - what an achievement! I know for me you have provided a great deal of support and wisdom since I joined. Thank you and carry on!!
                            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

90 days

You are doing so well UK.. an inspiration to the max.. a huge achievement and I really like the way you always offer advice based on your own experience and what works for you. Some of your strategies I have taken on and they are working for me too at this very early stage...
                              You say you went to your DR 7 yrs ago thinking you had a problem ... and look at you now!!! Something is working and its your mind
                              Take Care
                              Patrice

Comment

Working...
                              X