Hello! This is my first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Yeah...just one other point. I couldn't imagine giving up the fags at the same time as the booze...maybe it's just me? I recommend slaying one dragon at a time. That way you can give your full attention to the enemy at the gate.

Comment

Hey Pie!

I've just come back to this site and so I'm starting over and so new in sense too. Be glad you found this place and remember it is a journey and a personal one but one you won't have to go down alone. There are many things you could do, find counseling, rehab, AA or just here. The fact is you've made a big step and be proud. I've been looking into an outpatient type counseling/rehab but in the meantime went to AA and I come here daily. Take heart and keep the thoughts coming. You'll know what's right and support is there when you need it.

Comment

Johnny, keliza, sk8punk, greeneyes, Blue Heeler, seila1, Thank you for your encouragement!

I have some questions. Do I ask them here, or start a new thread that's more specific to what I want to learn?

Pie

Comment

Hi Pie!

I answered your question about Antabuse on the ODAT Thread. Yes, definately in the future just start your very own thread. Do you know how to do that? Just go to the top in the corner to "New Thread". Even what you think is a stupid question go ahead and start your own thread for it. Somebody else may have the same question too! I start even stupid threads or funny threads. Dont be afraid to do anything here, there are no mistakes, LOL.
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Pie, you might consider picking your section relative to your question. For example, if it is a question about meds, it might get more response from people with that kind of experience. If it's about modding, ask in the moderation section, etc. You can really put it anywhere, but sometimes people hang out in sections or even particular threads. Hope that helps.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thats true, I didnt think of that! Duhh me.
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hi Pie, and welcome. It is great that you are making that first important step towards living a sober life. Read and write lots here, there are many wonderful people who can help. Early on it is tough, but you can do it. All the best,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

The MWO book I ordered just arrived. My plan is to read it tomorrow, and make a list of questions to ask either of you all, or at my doctor's appt. next Thursday. Thank you all for welcoming me.

Pie

Comment

Couldn't wait until tomorrow to start reading, so jumped in tonight. I'm on page 57 where she's talking about favorite vodka mixers: orange juice, tomato juice, grapefruit juice, etc. And I'm thinking, "Damn, a bloody mary would taste mighty fine right now." And you know I'm off to make one.

I can only hope the help and motivation I seek in this book will soon appear in a few pages if I just keep on reading...
                    Pie

Comment

WHAT??? Make a virgin one!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Pie;900230 wrote:
                        I can only hope the help and motivation I seek in this book will soon appear in a few pages if I just keep on reading...
                        Pie
                        Please don't put too much hope into something magically appearing on the page that will make you want to quit drinking. YOU have to want it. You stated that you are off to make a Bloody Mary, right? If that's your decision, then guess what, nothing will change that. Only YOU can choose your actions.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Pie;900230 wrote: I can only hope the help and motivation I seek in this book will soon appear in a few pages if I just keep on reading...
                          Pie
                          Pie, it is inside you. Look there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks K9 and Greeneyes!

I've been trying to get a plan together. Writing down things to do daily and weekly. For example, have decided to mix the All-One into a morning smoothie, so that means tending to a weekly grocery list. Still waiting for CDs and starter pack of supps to arrive, but bought the L-glut today.

Doctor appt is on Thursday, and I'm not sure what to ask for: Topa? Bac? Antabuse? All of the above? How do I decide?

Comment

Hi Pie and welcome.
                              When I started I tried all the supps suggested. I ordered the topa however didnt take it - had it just in case. I found the Kudzu and l-glut brilliant in emergencies. If I had a serious craving, I would open the capsule of either and disolve it under my tongue for instant results.
                              The supps made me feel great and I continue to take a few of them. Coming here when I was in trouble really helped too as there is always someone around and plenty of support and help.
                              Pop in when you need to and good luck. It does take effort however it is SO worth it.
                              Take care
                              Hipster
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Thank you very much, Hipster!

CDs have arrived and so has the starter pack of suggested supplements. My doc was not willing to prescribe Topa, but brought up Antabuse which I'm willing to take, then sent me off with a prescription for Chantix only to quit cigarettes! Said best to start only one new med at a time in case I have trouble, we won't have to wonder which med is the cause. Apparently he feels smoking is the bigger problem.

Initially, I felt disappointed because I have this vision of cleaning up my life by getting rid of both alcohol and nicotine, and he only gave me meds for one of them. However, nothing's stopping me from quitting both at once. I'll either do it or I won't. Worst case, neither quit works and I have to start again. Really good case, I give up the smokes. Excellent case, one moment at a time, I keep saying no to both.

Please forgive the rambling. Just trying to get clear on my options.

Thanks y'all,
                                Pie

Comment

Working...
                                X