X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Tuesday 29th June 2010

Question about Antabuse from newbie

OverIt2007;898334 wrote: Savon!!

Thats a GREAT pic of you!! Well, on my very last day of time off of work, I decided that today would be the best day to take it, in case I had any reactions or whatever. So far so good! I guess I take it everyday, but I might take it every other day after a week or so?? Not sure really!

Yes, it IS a big step, but if I had not taken it today, good chance a trip to the wine store could have been in my future. Gotta break that routine sometime, and once I read Sheri's post, knew it was a message.

Call me anytime!!! :h
    Hi Overit,

Pie here. May I ask you (or others) about Antabuse? Why now? If it's so powerful in stopping drinking, why isn't it more of a first resort, rather than a last. Please forgive me if I'm asking this question in the wrong forum. Idiot newbie, you know. Reading posts and threads as fast as I can, but questions occur to me.

Thanks for any feedback you're willling to share.

Comment

Pie;898465 wrote: Hi Overit,

Pie here. May I ask you (or others) about Antabuse? Why now? If it's so powerful in stopping drinking, why isn't it more of a first resort, rather than a last. Please forgive me if I'm asking this question in the wrong forum. Idiot newbie, you know. Reading posts and threads as fast as I can, but questions occur to me.

Thanks for any feedback you're willling to share.
      Pie,
      My thoughts on this is that antabuse does have some side-effects.. plus its a very scary thought to most people, that if they even have a tiny bit of AL whilst taking it, it can cause some adverse physical reactions.. thats what put me off trying it in the past.. i really applaud overits determination! i think anyone that tries this method to quit drinking is very brave.. and determined.. which is a great thing.. as drinking causes some terrible adverse physical reactions too! like anything, you just weigh up the pro's and the cons..
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Hi Pie,

I have no problems answering your questions about Antabuse. In fact, you can ask me anything, anytime.

Antabuse is rather a last resort because if you drink on it, you can get very very sick. I know this going into it, so I am informed and prepared for that. Basically, once that pill goes down your throat, you CANNOT have any alcohol. Period.

It has taken me a long time to go this route because I have kept thinking I could do it myself. In a nutshell I keep failing, so I thought I would try this route. I did alot of reading about it, and there are other members on here who I adore who have had very very good success with it. I needed my own willpower strengthened so to speak. My willpower goes right out the window when my brain starts thinking, hmmm some wine (or vodka) sure sounds good! Problem is, its never good and I drink myself into blackout usually. If you can quit on your own, then I suggest that first. If you cannot, then perhaps you may want to go a different route. Its going to be what you think is best for you!

You know Katie, since I have only had the pill in me just a few hours, but here are a few thoughts. Some might say that Antabuse is the EASIEST thing to do, depending how you view it. Your choice is made FOR YOU, so in that respect, its pretty simple. NO drinking. My addiction might be saying Oh I want to, but My head is saying NOPE. So in that respect, just move on to the next thought?
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X