Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enough is enough.

This is my first time writing on this site,
    I'm currently residing on the sofa nursing the tale end of this mornings hangover. I should be at work but I called in sick with a 'Migraine' this morning. I hate how unreliable and devious I've become because of my obsession with drinking. Today I have decided I need to change or I'll never make anything of my life. For as long as I drink I will always be taking steps backwards.
    I'm going to attend my fist AA meeting this week which is hopefully a big step in the right direction. Life without drink is a very scary thought, So much of my life revolves around the 'source' that I don't know how I'm going to fill the time!
    I think I'm going to tell all my friends and family too, this thought scares me more than anything else but once its out there I can concentrate on getting better.
    Thanks for reading this, I've been browsing peoples threads and feeling pretty inspired as a result. This is day one of my sobriety, 29th June 2010.
    AF since 19th August 2011

enough is enough.

Hi & welcome timetochange, you have already taken a big step in admitting you have a problem with drinking,read as many posts and threads as you can and you will see that your not alone,hope to see you around. goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

enough is enough.

Welcome Time To Change :welcome: Glad that you found us here. This is a great group of people that really understand. Congratulations on making that decision to help yourself. What an important first step. :goodjob:
      Be sure to read & post and read & post. Looking forward to getting to know you.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

enough is enough.

Thanks for the support guys, I'm finding reading peoples posts really helpful.

Comment

enough is enough.

Hi Timetochange and :welcome:

Good luck on your journey and with the help of AA and MWO you are on your way to a wonderful sober life

P x
          :l:l
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

enough is enough.

Welcome again Time. As I mentioned will se you on the hiking trail. Please tell us more about you. It's great to have you here...john
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

enough is enough.

Welcome. Telling friends and family can be and was scary for me too. But after it was done I found it very liberating. Its better to get it out in the open instead of hiding it like a shameful secret.
              Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
              No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

enough is enough.

Thanks all,

Well, a little bit more about me then... I'm a 30 yr old gal living in London and hoping to make a career move from Retail to Media and with my current drinking habits that was never going to happen so it was time to make the change and face up to my demons so I can make the most of my life!
                I don't even enjoy drinking anymore, but I crave it on a daily basis and when I invariably cave in I drink until I blackout. My house mates know I'm a heavy drinker and a bit of a liability with it, but they have no idea the extent to which I drink as I hide my bottles like a true addict.
                I don't want moderation, thats never going to work for me so its abstinence all the way for me from now on. I can't afford to buy any of the cd's etc but I would be interested in knowing which suppliments anyone would recommend?
                Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Comment

enough is enough.

Welcome to MWO time to change, this is a great place to get support, I've got my first AA meeting this week too. I can relate to loads of what you said, especially about life not going in the right direction. I have told my friends and family too, I felt I had to or it would just be too hard. I look forward to sharing my experiences of AA with you guys, I think I'm kinda looking forward to it.
                  "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

enough is enough.

Thanks sk8punk,

I think its going to feel amazing to get it out in the open, I have a wonderful friends and family base who I know will always be there for me. I almost came clean (no pun intended!) to my boss a month back after a particualy harsh bender meant I didn't turn up for work that day. I felt awful, I never thought of myself as the type of person who just wouldn't turn up without even calling, Inside I'm not that person but outwardly I keep making these mistakes and as a result I come across as completely unreliable. I was crying down the phone and very nearly told her everything, I didn't but part of me wishes I had.
                    Anyway, I'm ready to change my ways and I'm determined to beat the booze for myself. I want to be proud of myself , onwards and upwards!

Comment

enough is enough.

hey Johny,

I'm actually really looking forward to it as well, Good luck and keep me posted on how you get on.

Comment

enough is enough.

Hi timeto change.Great that you have taken the steps to say enough is enough!
                        I will never forget my first AA meeting. I had called a helpline becuase I was thrown out of a club the night before for being too drunk. Alcohol was controlling me and turning me into someone I depised. I really needed help and AA has done wonders for me. Its taken me nearly two years to get to this point but I am now 25 days AF. I never thought this was posssible!
                        This forum is also a great place to posts your thoughts. The support is immense. It all helps to keep you on the path you want to be on. Good luck with your first meeting.
                        x
                        Be strong-
                        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

enough is enough.

Welcome Time.
                          You have just become a member of a very loving family
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

enough is enough.

Hi timeto change,..youve come to a great place, and we relate totally to your challenges.
                            I am reasonably new and had a bit of a shaky start, but on my way now..it is scarey when others get to know about the alcohol, but it feels so great being sober..
                            Keep reading...even if you dont post, I find my daily time at the site is invaluable!
                            30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

enough is enough.

Welcome Time to Change. Congratulations on recognizing your alcohol problems and being honest with yourself about your addiction at a young age. You really do have so much life in front of you! It's really exciting.

I am 2 years sober with the help of My Way Out and AA. I am finally feeling that "contented sobriety" I've heard people talk about. Life is good. 2 years ago, I was ready to die rather than go on living the life of an active alcoholic. Today my life is busy and active and sometimes, even fun! :H My life isn't perfect but it sure is good. I wouldn't trade it for the "old days" for anything.

If I can do it, so can you. Strength and hope to you. There is a "Weekly AA Thread" in the Monthly Abstinence section and you and Johnny (and anyone else) might enjoy. (Everyone is welcome to read and post whether you go to AA or not.) There is also a good group who post on the "Daily AF" threads also in the Monthly Abstinence section. Find some threads you like, and some people who have what you want. Pull up a chair.

If I could have only ONE of the My Way Out recommended supplements, I would hang on to my L-Glutamine.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X