X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Wednesday 30th June 2010

Hi to all.
    Glad you're feeling better today K9.
    Day 7 for me...if I didn't have a goal I could have easily opened a bottle last night. Sis called me when she was drunk. Pfft pot calling the kettle black syndrome!
    Welcome back Nutty Coco. Hope you had a blast.
    Take care everyone!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Ringing, lol! No wolf compound near me.

I am on Vancouver Island. Just north of Victoria.

Comment

Did you take the Antabuse Overit?!!! I guess I have to go back and catch up on posts too. Otherwise PLEASE enlighten me?

Luv,
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

she sure did! well done oi!
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Thanks Girly. Just read back as well.

Overit, I'm soooo soooo proud of you!!!!! You've contemplated this for a while so I'm so happy that you're doing it. And no one can say you've taken the decision light hearted after all the thought you'd given it.

I'm so excited for you!!! God bless you my friend You've made my day
            AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Day 5 for me just finishing - to be honest feel a bit wrecked today, but still on it. Glad you are all around...well done I'm so impressed by you.
              ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Hey my little green wood nymph sista! Great going. We'll do this!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Accountable for Me;899112 wrote: Ringing, lol! No wolf compound near me.

I am on Vancouver Island. Just north of Victoria.
                  There is a forest here with a walk through the clouds bridge and they actually do live theatre productions through the forest too. Quite enchanting I hear. Very close by there is a wolf sanctuary too.

Jes wondering.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Where's our girl Overit today? Hmmm...she must be working? I'm so anxious to hear about her Antabuse thoughts
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

You are all so awesome. You guessed correctly, just draggin my butt home from a long day at work.

Your thoughts for me, and your encouragement, is extremely touching, and I have not even went back to read everything yet! It means so much to me that you would be so sweet to have me in your thoughts, just as all of you are in mine.

Well, so far so good! The initial pill in the mouth was pretty overwhelming and I almost thought I was either going to pass out or have a panic attack. At my first attempt, the disolving pill got spit out LOL. Then I just thought for Gods sake! Now or never! Then back down the hatch it goes again. LOL.

Well, once the pill is in ya, there aint no turning back, so.. now its just time to make the adjustments to your life. The option to turn back is gone so basically, deal with it! The initial fear I will say went away very very fast, and then I just thought, well Im not going to be drinking! So YES I DO feel a sense of peace in that regards because I know the decision is something I wont be wrestling with all the time.

So far so good. I ADORE all of you, and if it wasnt for my friends on here, I might have missed out on an experience that will more than likely turn into one of the best decisions I could make for myself and the people who I love and who love me. You guys are really the best, and I hope you know I say that straight from my heart.
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

P.S. I am BOOKMARKING this page so I can go back and read it again and again. Its in my FAVORITES because you guys are the best and I appreciate everything you are and do.

For those of you on the Antabuse journey, if it wasnt for your encouragement, I probably would not have had the courage to have taken the step myself. So for that, I say Thank You for sharing your experiences with ME.

Comment

Mama just home from getting my hair done....
                          eating some soup and going to bed!!!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Goodnight Mama! Glad you got yer hair did!

Comment

Working...
                            X