Recommended Supplements - Trying to make sense of it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused about which supplements to buy. Here's the list from the FAQ section. Is this the most updated? It is different from the list in her book.

Whether you purchase from us or a local shop, we want you to have the most updated nutritional supplement recommendations (new since the book was published). They follow:

Nutritech All One Powder: (Original, Fruit Antioxidant or Active Seniors Formula)
    Kudzu: We have increased our original recommendation to higher levels: 1,000 mg. to 3,000 mg. depending on craving and program customization. Note: You shouldn't take kudzu if you have endometriosis. a reproductive cancer, are pregnant or breast feeding, or suffer from a serious heart condition. If you have diabetes and take high doses of kudzu, check their blood levels regularly to make sure you do not develop hypoglycemia.
    Milk Thistle/Silymarin: 300-600 mg.
    Magnesium: 200
    Evening Primrose Oil: 2,600 mg
    Calms Forte: 2-6 tablets
    Optional:
    L-Glutamine: 1,000-3,000 mg.
    Additional amino acids: as per provider's recommendation
    I'm confused because not all of these can be purchased from the MWO store, and the store has things I don't see on the list.

Thanks for any help,
    Pie

L- Glut is suppose to help with cravings and so are amino acid (eggs are the best form, scrambled,poached etc + chickenturkey fillets)
    Milk Thistle is suppose to work wonders to help the liver clear toxins.
    Also half a squeezed lemon in warm water is good for this to.

Sport suppliment stores are good places to get these things to.

I cant really say much on the others

I think different combinations work for different people.

Not sure where you are in the world but this is a online store in the UK that will give you a rough idea of what each one does

Whey Protein | Sports Nutrition | Supplements | Bodybuilding Supplements | Protein Supplements - Myprotein
    Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

all the other supps you can get in a health food store, vitamin shop, and some in Walmart. I recommend getting the kudzu from this site here. It is the best available!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

techie;900916 wrote: all the other supps you can get in a health food store, vitamin shop, and some in Walmart. I recommend getting the kudzu from this site here. It is the best available!
        Getting it from a online store and from a place with good reviews will get you better quality stuff and can work out cheaper.. ie in the uk we have a health food place called Holland and Barrat and my partner was told by a nutritionalist that there stuff is of low quality. But I guess its up to the individual.
        Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

this is where I always go for all my supps...

Buy Carnitine products at discount prices from The Vitamin Shoppe
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, Flip and techie!

Comment

Thank you, Sheri. I didn't see the starter pack before. Really simplifies things, so I'll follow your lead, buying the L-glut elsewhere. Mighty kind of you to take the time to point me in a good direction.
              Pie

Comment

Hi Pie, and it's nice to meet you! Like Sheri, I chose the supplement route and bought the starter pack from the health store here. I honestly believe that the supplements were huge to getting me through those early days, weeks and months. Two years later I still take the All In One and L-glutamine, along with some other suplements. But, these days I use the supplements for over all health!

Best wishes to you and I look forward to celebrating your progress with you!
                KateH
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                X