Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello Everyone,

My first post here but I've been lurking and reading here for some time.

I'm clearly an alcoholic and Dr. Ameisen's story reads so similar to mine - anxiety disorder coupled with alcohol dependence. In and out of rehab/ER/inpatient/outpatient/AA numerous times; I'm at my wits end with this disease.

I just came across the Sinclair Method a month or so ago (I have Eskapa's book). Luckily I have a doc who will prescribe NAL but he knows nothing about the SM which I am now starting.

So far, it's made a big difference in my AL consumption. I'm only into this for a short period but I plan to keep at it. I have Baclofen as a fallback if necessary and luckily, I'm from the Chicago area so I can see/contact Dr. Levin if necessary.

I've tried almost everything. I've been through so much treatment at this point that I could probably teach it - meds are sort of a last resort unfortunately.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. Thank goodness I found this place.

RV
    Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Hello

Hello RV welcome. I'm not taking the meds nor the approach you are. I'm on topamax and am alcohol free currently. There are many here that share your experience and approach to treatment. They will adivse you and provide answer to any questions you may have. Here is a link to our toolbox https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html some great info here to help support you. I wish you luck. Please keep reading posting and asking questions.
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello

Hi RV and Welcome!
      You've found a great place for support and encouragement. Please keep reading and posting so that we can get to know you!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello

Hi RV and yet, another Welcome to you!
        Since you have been reading here for a while, I am sure you already realize that there are many different paths here to find sobriety. It sounds like you are already on your path! That is great! There comes a day when enough is enough!

I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your progress!

Best Wishes,
        KateH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hello

Hi RV,

Good to have you here.

Last resorts can also be first steps!

Johnny.
          "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Hello

Hi RV,

Welcome! This forum is such an amazing resource. Glad you have found it. Please read, post, ask and share. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hello

Hi RV,

Welcome to the forum. Ample support here. YOU're going to love it.

All the best for your recovery

I loooove the Avatar
              AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hello

:welcome: We've all been thru the mill with drink. I'm not on any meds or supplements tho i tried L-glut and it didn't seem to work for me. I go AA meetings when i can and watch my diet and exercise. nice to meet you.

Comment

Hello

Welcome RV, I'm no good to you about the meds and treatments and stuff, just wanted to say I agree with Sheri 'whatever it takes'!!
                  Molly:welcome:
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello

Thanks so much for the warm welcome - that means so much to me
                    Dean Wormer to Bluto (John Belushi) from the movie Animal House: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Comment

Hello

RV434;901095 wrote: Hello Everyone,

My first post here but I've been lurking and reading here for some time.

I'm clearly an alcoholic and Dr. Ameisen's story reads so similar to mine - anxiety disorder coupled with alcohol dependence. In and out of rehab/ER/inpatient/outpatient/AA numerous times; I'm at my wits end with this disease.

I just came across the Sinclair Method a month or so ago (I have Eskapa's book). Luckily I have a doc who will prescribe NAL but he knows nothing about the SM which I am now starting.

So far, it's made a big difference in my AL consumption. I'm only into this for a short period but I plan to keep at it. I have Baclofen as a fallback if necessary and luckily, I'm from the Chicago area so I can see/contact Dr. Levin if necessary.

I've tried almost everything. I've been through so much treatment at this point that I could probably teach it - meds are sort of a last resort unfortunately.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. Thank goodness I found this place.

RV
                      Hilllllooooooooo

The anxiety part sucks especially as al make it so so so much worse the day after... I suffer with it to and can fully understand where you are coming from trust me

Im on anti depressants at the moment called Citalopram - Take a look here as these also help with anxiety - Citalopram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But as so many people on here know that al and anti d's do not work together
                      Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Hello

Hello RV and your cute little puppy dog too!:welcome: All the best in your journey!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                        X