Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have just realised there is so much pain and grief underneath my drinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, f@$%@#$%$#%243 it, i am going to flush the rest down the sink.
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Okay done it, and removed every reminder, except for an EMPTY bottle on the sink, that i have been drinking. Might also be a good idea to stop buying the take away that i was eating which reminds me of drinking. I know i need to start my diet again, a home cooked diet, that does require alcohol to be interesting! Hint: there'll be lots of steaks with sauces.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Sheri, i don't even know what "well" is anymore. And, it's so hard to type. Just wondering if perhaps this seems easy cos i'm already drunk (and so embarrassed to admit that,sorry for any disrespect)?

Meh, will tell tomorrow. Need to remove all evidence tomorrow. thank goodness i am working 10-2.30, then to friends, then to gym. It's the hours between 5.30pm and 9pm that are the hardest. The witching hour. Nothing to do, nobody to hug, NOBODY!

Comment

One other suggestion might be to find an AA chapter near you (not sure where you live) if you are going to stop drinking. Often people there will know of good counseling resources, and can also provide a support system for you so you won't be alone.

Comment

Change, you've gotten some excellent advice. Take is one day at a time, one hour, one minute, just DON"T drink. Do you better speaking with men or women? Definitely look for someone with substance abuse and alcohol abuse training. They truly know how it is for us and how to help us threw the tough times. It can be such a great support.
            With the AL, you are only prolonging the pain of your loss and creating other problems through the addiction.
            Life will get better.

Keep coming back.

Winefree
            Since 5/2/09

Comment

Thanks for your advice everyone. It's been noted.

Just an update. Woke up feeling horrible this morning, headache etc., but an optimistic about not drinking tonight, at least. Every now and then i'll get a sudden urge, and then a thought that says "why not, just go down to the bottle shop, who cares", but i am trying to over-ride them. The real danger period for me is usually day 3 onwards, because i figured i have stopped drinking and could do with a "reward"!

I am feeling a little more optimistic about it though. I've made the first step and have identified a counselling clinic close to where i live. I have a referral to another Psychologist, but don't want to use her, so i'll call my doctor once i do my research and have the referral changed. I am fairly tired tonight, so sleeping without al will probably be okay. In fact, it will probably be better than last night cos at least i won't wake up with the pains again, like i did this morning.

Comment

Hiya Change,

'Who cares'? Well i do.
                Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning Change,
                  The biggest thing you need right now is determination to do this, it's all in your hands. You definitely sound like you need some outside help so go with the counselling service or whatever you think is the most suitable option for you, just put some fire in your belly about it and decide 'I'M GOING TO DO THIS'!
                  Good luck
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Change...just read this thread and can really relate to so much of what you have said...especially the other night...well done for tipping the wine away...think I was doing exactly the same and feeling the same right then too!

Just wanted to say...who cares? I do! Stick with it...I'll probabley be on here at that witching hour so lets keep going and do it together.

Hope you feeling better x
                    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Working...
                    X