Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcohol and nicotine- any advice would be great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Heeler;902035 wrote: G'day Patrice. Wait 'til you've got the 30 up. One dragon at a time. Make it too hard and it'll be like running onto the guns. Heroic...but futile.
    You took the words right out of my fingers Blue. One Dragon at a time Patrice. You are doing really well. Don't be too hard on yourself. I think that clearing one hurdle will give you the confidence and the desire to clear the other. With one out of the way, the second should be easier.
    "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your advice...Yes I think i will wait until I get to the 30 day mark and then do it. Here we cant get Champix just the patches..
      I am just so impresssed with those who have done both at the same time... Wow strength or what!
      But for me the drinking is the big one at the moment and I'm managing odat with that so wouldn't want to jeopodise that right now.. but whats to stop me getting into excercise even though I am still smoking??
      Nothing i guess!!
      Thanks

Take Care all
      Patrice

Comment

G'day Tippylou.
        That's a remarkable achievement. Can you share with us the dosage of chantix? I would be grateful

Comment

Patrice,

Good to see you & congrats on your AF time

I had the same situation, smoking more than ever after I stopped drinking. I was really making myself sick, not to mention the cost!
          You can see on my signature line that i quit smoking about 7-8 weeks after I stopped drinking. It was rough but i needed that amount of time to feel strong in my first quit before attempting the second. It all worked out with a HUGE amount of commitment & determination & NRT.

Join Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community for support - I did

Wishing you the best!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X