Has anyone tried Hypnotherapy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be a real newbie question but I know of a few people who had success form this when stopping smoking, just wondered if it works with Al cravings too?
    x
    AF since 19th August 2011

Hi Time to Change! I purchased the Hypno CD's offered on this site. I listen to the subliminals both at work and at night. I use them for the "white" noise effect they offer.

I am very interested in hypnosis. I have read several books, took a class and listen to various "self hypnosis" recordings. I have gone to more than one hypnotherapist for drinking. I am sorry to report that neither of them worked for ME. That's not to say they may not work for you, but I didn't get anything from them as far as drinking is concerned.

I hope this is some help to you. I have come to the conclusion there is NO easy way to conquer this beast. Good luck to you.

R2C
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
    :h

Comment

I think that Hypnotherapy definitely has it's merits and as part of a program of recovery it would no doubt be very useful. I am sure that it would be very effective in dealing with underlying causes of anxiety for example. As far as relying on what is effectively suggestive techniques to deal with the largely physical condition of alcoholism I would say that such methods would be likely to fall short. I know of people who have used it to conquer fears such as public speaking and flying. I also know of one colleague who used it to try and quit smoking but unfortunately it was unsuccessful, this was probably due in no small part to a lack of will also.

AA meeting are proving to be very helpful to me. I had a craving today and popped along to a meeting. It really helped.
      "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

Working...
      X