got my baby and i;m back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got my baby and i;m back

well i't not new here but i;m back again. I fell pregnant last June and at 35 weeks pregs i had a bad fall , 6 1/2 foot fall, broke my back, upbruted my placenta ect ect... HOWEVERm we're both good!! BUT now comes postnatal depression and my need to drink.... Thank god for antabuse but my god, do i need support to keeep me going!!!!!

got my baby and i;m back

Hi Michelle so glad to hear you and baby are fine. Please do not give in to AL. The only bottle you need to worry about is the one to feed your baby.

Good luck

QQ
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

We certainly don't do things by halves do we?

Geez, I'm glad to hear both you and baby are good though!

I can't really empathise with you on the post natal depression (being a man!!) but I would imagine that your need to drink would only add to that state of depression. Antabuse does everything it says on the label I guess! You can't drink because of physical reactions that would cause you to be very ill. What it can't do is take away that mental obsession to WANT a drink. For me personally it just delayed the inevitable; that I would eventually drink again once I stopped taking it. I'm not suggesting this is the case for everyone. The question is, how long is it going to keep the demons at bay for?

Have you been offered any counseling for PND Michelle? If so it would be advantageous for them to know your history with alcohol too. Just my opinion.

I hope things improve for you quickly though. My ex partner only suffered mild PND due to being in labour for nearly 2 days. She ended up having a cesarean under anesthetic and was unable to breast feed. She was really upset about not having a more natural birth and being able to hold the baby immediately afterward. I was no help either as I was still drinking and drugging it.

Many Blessings and congratulations.
      Phil
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

Hi Michelle, first of all congrats on your baby and delighted all went well after you had such a hard time. I hadn't developed a drink problem as such when I had my babies, the last one was 16 yrs ago and even tho I always drank more than other people I was ok. I was lucky that when I was pregnant the thought of drink was enough to make me sick. I did have some PND and I know if I had hit the bottle big time I would have been so unhappy missing the early days of my babies - they only stay tiny for a little time and I am thankful every day that I can remember them. Enjoy your baby with a clear head!
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

Hello Michelle, congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby, such a miracle! What a dreadful accident you have survived. Stay with us and we will give loads of support. Alcohol will only enhance the depression. That first year with the baby is beautiful, and you don't want any part of it compromised by the effects of drinking. Please feel free to pm whenever, always here for new mothers (is this your first?) Again, congratulations!!!!!
          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

Hi Lil.Michelle!

I remember you very very well! Congratulations on the new baby, Ouch broken back?? Sounds very painful.

I remember you were taking Antabuse? Are you still? I have been taking Antabuse for over a week now, its going very very well!

Good to see you back!
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

I remember you too lil.michelle! We found this place about the same time, I think your first child was just a baby or around there. Glad to hear you are doing well. We can do this and have families that are proud of us! I've been struggling for awhile now...I really want to keep posting and keep sober!

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

Hi Michelle, gosh, I had no idea about your fall and your injuries. It is so wonderful to hear that both you and baby are healthy! Truly a miracle!

These days, so much more is understood about PPD, like hippie suggested, I hope you are able to find some support within the medical field or even a good support group. There is also an excellent book written on this topic called DOWN CAME THE RAIN written by Brooke Shields.

Please remember, drinking does not truly help with anything. It does not cure anxiety or depression, in fact, it makes it much, much worse! Drinking is a knee jerk reaction that alcoholics use to turn to the bottle. Not to mention that it will seriously complicate motherhood and your life in general. Why not take this time to re-evaluate how you deal with the stressors that life brings and learn how to deal without alcohol. I am sure you will be happy that you did!

Best wishes to you and your baby!
                Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

LilM,
                  I'm so sorry to hear about your fall!! and a huge congrats on you new blessing.
                  Please stay close to the boards for support -- you know that drinking is not the answer.
                  Love
                  D
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

got my baby and i;m back

Welcome back lil.michelle and I am so happy to hear that you and the baby are doing fine after such a scary event!

Can't really add to the wisdom already *spoken* but just wanted to welcome you back. You are certainly in good company here.

I heard a guy speak over the weekend who is both an internist and a psychiatrist. He treats a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts all across the socio-economic scale. He said that with depression in people who are also drinking (ANY regular drinking - not necessarily alcholic drinking) have an 85% chance of beating the depression simply by stopping drinking and working on any "life issues" that might be weighing on them. Easier said than done I know (and so did he) but the answer to depression is obviously not a depressant.

Read. Post. Don't drink. You know the drill.

Congrats again on your baby!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X