Jeez this is hard...back to Day1!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF for 6 1/2 days (!)..then got too much and I just down a bottle of red! Started another one but then thought better of it...hope thats a bit of progress. I get really anxious about having to move house, having no money, coping on my own, kids, work etc etc etc...I know it's boring...I bore myself! Just talk myself into drinking...then I don't sort anything out and it's all still there and I feel crappier than ever!

Ho hum...nearly end of day1...back on it...thanks for all the lovely messages...sorry this is late...just got myself in a hole. Hope all you lovely peole are doing ok..appreciate you being there :h
    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Hi Queenbug - now you know you can do it & you can do it again. So, here's to day 2. :goodjob:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

WB QB...well maybe we are more twins than we know. I am on day 2 again. I had stopped counting but will again. So let's do this!!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Queenbug - Don't beat yourself up, you have a lot on your plate. Getting sober is a process and you will get there.
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Howdy QB! Hope you're doing ok today.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Stay strong hun and keep trying! xxxxx

Comment

QB, they say we stop maturing emotionally when we start drinking. The good news is that once we STOP drinking we can start growing again, and develop the necessary life skills to deal with the ups and downs that are inevitable in everyone's life.

It's all a good learning experience. Eventually you will get so sick of starting over that you will be willing to do anything to ride out the urges. Hopefully today is that day for you.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I was reading old posts from another thread and there was a lot to be said for the tenacity of this whole process. What is done is done. Look forward and put your energy forward towards making your next AF run longer. That is my plan anyways!

Comment

Doggygirl;904299 wrote: QB, they say we stop maturing emotionally when we start drinking. The good news is that once we STOP drinking we can start growing again, and develop the necessary life skills to deal with the ups and downs that are inevitable in everyone's life.

It's all a good learning experience. Eventually you will get so sick of starting over that you will be willing to do anything to ride out the urges. Hopefully today is that day for you.

DG
                  You and me both Queenbee..
                  really good advice there from doggygirl..thanks, I can use that...
                  30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

DG, I believe you're spot on with that observance...I'm 25, but I started drinking when I was 18. I don't think I ever became an adult, emotionally.

QB...I know exactly how you feel. Anxiety is one of my main reasons for drinking. Anxiety is a terrible feeling...you worry excessively about what's wrong in your life or you battle that knot in your stomach constantly whispering, 'Something could go wrong, terribly wrong, at any moment because life is like that'. It's no way to live. I've had anxiety issues since my mother died when I was 17 and I was kind of thrown to the wolves as far as having no one to take care of me suddenly...but I know for a fact that drinking makes my anxiety fifteen times worse. It's biology and neurochemistry, and it's also that good old-fashioned waking with 'What in the bloody hell did I DO last night?!?' thoughts.

You can stop, I can stop. And you've made progress. I've just starting seeing a counselor and she seems very knowledgable about addiction...she told me that as long as you realize you have a problem, you're fighting to help yourself, and you don't give up, then you're making progress. Even in my usual doom-and-gloom mood as of late, I can't argue with that.
                    Tomorrow's another day.

Comment

BellaC;904780 wrote: DG, I believe you're spot on with that observance...I'm 25, but I started drinking when I was 18. I don't think I ever became an adult, emotionally.

QB...I know exactly how you feel. Anxiety is one of my main reasons for drinking. Anxiety is a terrible feeling...you worry excessively about what's wrong in your life or you battle that knot in your stomach constantly whispering, 'Something could go wrong, terribly wrong, at any moment because life is like that'. It's no way to live. I've had anxiety issues since my mother died when I was 17 and I was kind of thrown to the wolves as far as having no one to take care of me suddenly...but I know for a fact that drinking makes my anxiety fifteen times worse. It's biology and neurochemistry, and it's also that good old-fashioned waking with 'What in the bloody hell did I DO last night?!?' thoughts.

You can stop, I can stop. And you've made progress. I've just starting seeing a counselor and she seems very knowledgable about addiction...she told me that as long as you realize you have a problem, you're fighting to help yourself, and you don't give up, then you're making progress. Even in my usual doom-and-gloom mood as of late, I can't argue with that.
                      Yep I agree...anxiety is a real sabotage... and the worrying excessively...
                      And yep we can all stop...
                      just keep coming here and posting as there are so many people out there who have such great advice
                      30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

Working...
                      X