Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT wednesday 7th July 2010

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Panno, my dear friend. Like Mama said, you know the drill.

Day 10 today AF and on Antabuse. I have no problem sharing that with everyone because it is the tool I choose to HELP me. Would I be drinking if not on Antabuse? Hmmm, possibly!!! Its always a temptation for me. Antabuse has been the kick in my pants to keep the promises to myself.

I will continue to take it as long as needed, and in the future, I will take it too. It works for me so far.

Hey Mama... How you doing???

Brain fog here, no coffee yet... But I wish the best for everyone here today, as always!!!!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Over I'm so proud of you :l just sad I'm not there with you sharing it but it will come my way soon, keep it going you are truly inspiring me :h
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Back to day one for me... again. I had a date with a nice guy last night straight after work in a local bar, the worst place I could have picked! All day at work I was having a battle with myself telling myself I wasn't going to drink, then telling myself I might just have one to take the edge off the nerves. As I arrived at the bar I had decided NOT to drink and that I was going to have a tonic water instead but as my date asked what I wanted I said 'Dry white wine please'!!!! WTF did I do that for, of course one led to the next three ..... I really like the guy too and we got on really well but I feel like I've messed it up in my head by drinking, As far as he's concerned we had a great evening and he's already planning our next date. I feel like i want to say ' I'm an alcoholic' just to get it out there but thats so inappropriate after a first date...He'd run a mile and I wouldn't blame him. Grrr, I'm so mad at myself.
        x
        AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Hey guys. Can't believe I havn't posted on here yet today. Must be getting old.

Panno my dear, please refer to my signature.

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Panno, My Dear Friend.

Probably the only reason I have not slipped and drank is because I CANNOT drink! But I have discovered that life goes on after not being able to drink. In fact, life feels so much better not drinking.

Would you consider taking Antabuse? You know everyone here would support you. Just a thought?
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

7 days and counting...

Comment

Good work everyone! Panno, don't forget how chat helped you the last time please? I am no perfect either. As they all say, your here and that is what is important TODAY!:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi Over I'm not sure I can take antabuse I have a delicate stomach - off for an ultrasound tomorrow on galbladder, however if this comes out ok I might just seriously think about it.

RC I know I should have got myself into chat, no excuses!!
                  Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Aw that was a gentle reminder Panno. Going in there now for a minute if I can...maybe see you there.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hi RC - I did go to chat as you know but my computer crashed, had to reboot :upset:

Comment

Time..you did fine by me....not that I encourage any of us to drink....but I don't think you screwed up too bad...
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I need to get on board with this. I don't know why I've made it so hard! I've quit before for more than two months... and now can barely make it one day.

I guess the ONLY good thing is that I'm not overdoing it (2 drinks on weeknight), but I seem to manage to overdo ONE weekend day. Ugh. Getting disgusted, which I know for me is when I start getting serious.

Good going to all of you who are doing so well!!
                          Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Hi Tant

I can relate to what you've written. It seems something within us is hell bent on getting us to drink even when the physical cravings as such have gone. I came very close to caving in last week with some wine, bought a bottle, but let it go free to a good home without touching a drop thanks to this forum. I woke up tired, grumpy and thought that I might as well have had the bloody wine for how I feel.

I will also get up from the lounge and go into the kitchen and think "why am I here?" At work I think of things I need to do at home and vice versa, but the 2 aren't meeting ....

You aren't alone in this!!!!

Congrats also to KTB !!

Comment

Night all, Panno, just get back on board yeah? and Savon, I sympathize with where you are at. I found after doing a decent length of time AF and then drinking, I found it much harder to get back on the wagon, I don't know why, but in the past the more times I yo-yoed drinking the harder it got to give up, I had to make a much stronger effort than the first time, but with determination you can do it, get a week or two under your belt and it will be all sailing along again.
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Tant

I can relate to what you've written. It seems something within us is hell bent on getting us to drink even when the physical cravings as such have gone. I came very close to caving in last week with some wine, bought a bottle, but let it go free to a good home without touching a drop thanks to this forum. I woke up tired, grumpy and thought that I might as well have had the bloody wine for how I feel.

I will also get up from the lounge and go into the kitchen and think "why am I here?" At work I think of things I need to do at home and vice versa, but the 2 aren't meeting ....

You aren't alone in this!!!!

Congrats also to KTB !!

Comment

Working...
                                X