ODAT wednesday 7th July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posted the same thing twice, well that proves the point of what Tant was saying
    Brain cell where for art thou?

Comment

Hi Panno, I am surprised at the number of people struggling without giving Antabuse a try. I also have a sensitive stomach, and believe me Antabuse have NO side effects, unlike all the others that do have side effects. The only condition is DON'T drink. I tried once, and will never again. Whenever I feel myself heading to the slippery side I don't hesitate to take one. I don't take them all the time, but having taken one I know I'm safe for 7 days at least, enough time to get the rotten thinking under control.
      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Time to change;905151 wrote: Back to day one for me... again. I had a date with a nice guy last night straight after work in a local bar, the worst place I could have picked! All day at work I was having a battle with myself telling myself I wasn't going to drink, then telling myself I might just have one to take the edge off the nerves. As I arrived at the bar I had decided NOT to drink and that I was going to have a tonic water instead but as my date asked what I wanted I said 'Dry white wine please'!!!! WTF did I do that for, of course one led to the next three ..... I really like the guy too and we got on really well but I feel like I've messed it up in my head by drinking, As far as he's concerned we had a great evening and he's already planning our next date. I feel like i want to say ' I'm an alcoholic' just to get it out there but thats so inappropriate after a first date...He'd run a mile and I wouldn't blame him. Grrr, I'm so mad at myself.
        x
        TTC,
        Please don't beat yourself up over this... I also drank on my 1st and 2nd dates with my current partner.. due to nerves mainly.. now he knows everything about me and my drinking issue, and is fully supportive of me, and totally helps me not drink at all.. you have time to reveal all to your new man, if the time arises and if things go well. Maybe you can bring it up at your next date? Things are now going fantastic with my partner, he understands I drank to deal with my low self-esteem and confidence issues.. and he is slowly helping me with those.
        If this man is right for you, he will understand.. if he doesn't, then he is not worth it and you will be free to find someone that is worthy of you!
        Katie xx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Change;904832 wrote: Hey Katie, I'm sure the judge will see right through the ex. I mean, you have a restraining order on him for goodness sake! If he says anything about your 'drinking', you could say 'no wonder i was drinking', seriously. But, im sure your lawyer has something worked out. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Congrats on the 19 days without drinking. It's amazing how focused you become when you've got a clear mind.

I'm on day 2. Already feeling clearer, in relation to making a few goals. My one goal right now is to get rid of my 'muffin top'. I hope everyone is having a good day :goodjob:
          Thank you Change!
          You are right.. there is an AVO out against him.. plus I have a lot of evidence that shows/proves he has lied in his affidavit.. I am not worrying too much, I know I have so many more people on "my" side than his.. plus I have been the primary carer of our son since he was born.. thanks again,
          Katie xx

Comment

First I apologize for not reading anyone's posts yet.... kind of bummed out. Just need to write it out for it to sink in a bit....

day 16 here for me...

Just got the dreaded call I have been anticipating for many months. That my father's cancer has come back and has spread. He just got confirmation from his CT Scan two days ago.

He had left me a message last night to phone him but I was so wrapped up in my distress with my little one's daycare issues... then he phoned me again today and asked me to call him and that it wasn't good. So I phoned......... I knew.... this was it....

I'm taking my kids down to see him on the weekend. I am feeling numb regardless.

BUT I WONT DRINK!!!! No damn way!

I need to eat something. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Have a good, sober day!

Comment

AFM,
              Sorry to hear about your father.. I am pleased to hear of your determination to not drink during this time.. your father needs you to be strong! Cancer has so many treatments these days.. it doesn't necessarily mean this is it.. I am sure there is heaps the doctors can do.. sending you strength and support!
              Katie xx

Comment

Ah, I wish that were true, Katie. He had the surgery Jan 2009. they removed his esophagus and quite a few lymph nodes then. He also went through the chemo and radiation therapy after the fact. They said that typically there is 18 months with this type of cancer to live. he has outlived that so far. 19 months now.

They told him that it has spread into his remaining lymph nodes and his lungs now. They can't operate.

My sister who is my next door neighbour has been in the outs with him for 20 years. They just had a very emotional phone call and she is crying. This is so sad. I just hope they can find peace before he goes. She and he need it.

I'm just numb. Cried a bit then walked around a bit in shock. It hasn't really sunk in yet. It probably won't until I see him Saturday.

Comment

I just popped an antabuse to be on the safe side.... my sister wants to drink, and I really don't want to use this as an excuse to get drunk and cry along in a drunken state. Maybe even get sick from the previous antabuse from 3 days ago. Like DUH!

Does anyone find that the antabuse makes them break out in pimples? I have been taking the pill every 4 days as I started to break out again from it. (It happened the last time I took it).

Anyway.... xo

Comment

AFM, I'm so sorry to hear that, It must be so hard to come to terms with. All you can do is be there for him and stay sober. I'm sure your sister and your dad will be able to make their peace.
                    Katie, thank you for your message I felt like such a fool inside but I know that my date didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary to have 4 glasses of wine! Luckily, he's not a big drinker otherwise I would probably have to call time on the whole thing as I don't feel strong enough to be around big drinkers right now. I just hate that his first real one on one impression of me is that I was drinking, I really wanted to be a sober date. Oh well, no time to dwell. Almost day 2 again for me now. No excuses this time x
                    AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

TTC,
                      No worries.. I just thought I would share what happened with me with you, as I recently went through a similar thing.. though I understand you are disappointed with yourself, it is seen as perfectly "normal" to drink on dates (especially first dates!.. but not to get totally blotto) due to nerves.. and you stuck to 4 glasses of wine which is fantastic.. its good to hear he is not a big drinker, my current partner hardly drinks at all.. it really does help! Like i said, maybe bring up the drinking issue on the next date.. confess you feel nervous (before you have a drink) and that should break the ice.. now you have had one date, the next one should be easier anyway.. and like i said, if he doesn't understand and/or judges you, you are better off without him!
                      Katie xx

Comment

Working...
                      X