Gym for the first time in a year wahooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. "cack" forgot about that word.Thats a proper english word innit!
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

rebirth;907060 wrote: lol. "cack" forgot about that word.Thats a proper english word innit!
      inittttttttttttttttttt, what about guff lmao (sorry me being silly)

Right off to the gym all though I still ache alot from wednesday.
      Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

This morning did weights --2 sets of 8 reps of 5 different exercises + stretches + got on the treadmill for 5 mins at turtle speed. WOO Hoo.

Hey it's a start and I know if I stay at it the intensity will increase effortlessly.

Thanks for this thread Flip!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Ringing Cedars;907179 wrote: This morning did weights --2 sets of 8 reps of 5 different exercises + stretches + got on the treadmill for 5 mins at turtle speed. WOO Hoo.

Hey it's a start and I know if I stay at it the intensity will increase effortlessly.

Thanks for this thread Flip!
          lol at turtle speed. Dam it was hot today and the air conditioning either wasnt working or it was on very low at the gym.
          More squats and walking lunges I may not be able to move tomorrow morning oh heck

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Morning Flip and RC,
            I will be joiniing you guys after this weekend. Have a great saturday.
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

rebirth;907635 wrote: Morning Flip and RC,
              I will be joiniing you guys after this weekend. Have a great saturday.
              Hey RB Hows you? Hope you are having a good weekend so far. Go for the gym girl - eating properly as well (not all that chocolate) will do you good. I can pm a diet to you that was done for my other half 1500 cal diet by a personal trainer - It will give you some idea.

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Rebirth......being bad.....you need to pay the price ! Ha! I spend about 20 min. on the stationary bike...then various lifting equipment after that. Spend about an hour at the Gym.......Sometimes longer if I meet someone I know and start up a conversation ha! Much longer if it's a lady I might know ! Ha! IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Rebirth! Good for you committing a healthier choices all around. Well I stayed in chat last night way to late and didn't leave myself enough time to do the treadmill but did the weights and stretches even though it put me 10 minutes late. Oh well I'm always late. In just two days my little 5 lbs weights feel lighter and my shoulder and elbow joints feel more flexible. It always amazes me how the body responds so quickly. IAD 20 extra laps for you or is that lashes?:b&d:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Ringing Cedars;907997 wrote: Hi Rebirth! Good for you committing a healthier choices all around. Well I stayed in chat last night way to late and didn't leave myself enough time to do the treadmill but did the weights and stretches even though it put me 10 minutes late. Oh well I'm always late. In just two days my little 5 lbs weights feel lighter and my shoulder and elbow joints feel more flexible. It always amazes me how the body responds so quickly. IAD 20 extra laps for you or is that lashes?:b&d:
                    ohhhhhhhhh kinky :H

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

Im going to be honest here. I havent been al free this weekend but have only had three pints all weekend - Went for a cycle yesterday for 1/2 hr. Found it hard as my legs are seriously aching from squats and walking lunges but I am finding exercise is stopping me from drinking as much and smoking to....... If I know I want to train the nxt day I wont drink. I know to get any ressults at the gym I will have to go often, so thinking this will help alot - aiming to go to the gym 3 times a week - Lots of protein in diet.

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

RIGHT!! THIS IS IT GUYS! I weighed myself and i have put on 3 blasted pounds! ARGHHHH. Flip
                        can you pm me your diet plan please. What am I gonna eat when i get a craving??? chocolate has helped but it's turning into fat.
                        My son is away on holiday from tuesday so I WILL get to the gym after that...but for now I shall just eat that little slice of chocolate cake for breakfast cause it's so scrummy...

Hi RC. Are you trying to get fit or lose weight or both?
                        Be strong-

Comment

Flip Top;908009 wrote: ohhhhhhhhh kinky :H
                          haha as long as I'm holding the whip. :H

Hey Flip, RB and IAD!

RB I wish to tone up and get back to about 137 pounds where a little fluctuation is normal imo I am 50 years young, 5'7 1/2" and at this moment weight 146 lbs.

I would not obsess over 3 lbs. Building some regular weight bearing exercises into your life will help maintain bone density and that was my main goal when I started doing it 10 years ago.

Cardio stuff has always been my challenge. Too lazy or something now?? I was a long distance runner back in high school but never kept it up. The thrill of competition was probably my motivator back then. Jogging down the road just doesn't appeal to me. I would however enjoy a nice long walk on a trail. (bug free!)

Flip you had a blip but sounds like you are moving ever forward with a good plan. Power to you!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hay Guys and Gals......I have my own parking place at the gym ! Ha! IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ha ha IAD. I want that!
                              RC I want to do the same...tone and lose 10lbs. I have booked my first boxercise class this wednesday.
                              Boxing is great for cardio and toning up. Ten years! Thats impressive!! You must look great!
                              Be strong-

Comment

HA IAD! Are you offering me a ride??:H

Excellent start RB! I would to take a boxercise class! Could put a few targets on the bag for motivation, I'm thinking. Look what you started IAD?? I am not a violent person...really! :boxer:

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X