Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night paralysis

Hi you wonderful peeps!

I was looking up some info about insomnia yesterday, wondering if it ws OK to take the herbal sleep meds that I'm taking for a length of time and I ran into a plausable answer for the paralysis that some of us suffer from. There are 5 stages of sleep that we oscilate between and the 5th stage is the REM sleep, where the eye movements are rapid, but the muscles can be temporarely paralyzed. If you wake during that period, that may be what causes it....

Night paralysis

Hi KSLC,
    I've actually experienced this 2-3 times, only during a day-time nap, and without being on any medication. It's a horrifying experience. You feel as if you are awake, but you can't move your body. I've read that it's caused by your brain actually being awake, but your body is still asleep. I know this is a somewhat common side effect of Baclofen, but I've never taken that, so I don't know from experience. I also read that if you can manage to move ANY part of your body, your body will then wake up. It's a weird experience, but it hasn't stopped me from taking my weekend naps!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Night paralysis

Hi K9,
      I have suffered from sleep paralysis all my life. I get them at least every two years..In fact this happened to me a few days back. Like you I tend to get them when I take a nap and I have the exact same symptons. If someone is in the room with me I can see them. I always scream at them to wake me up but apparently they just hear me murmur. I desparately try to move a part of my body because I do manage to wake up when that happens. But thats the frustrating part.

Very weird experience.
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
      X