X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT, TGIF Fridays, 9th July 2010

Heya, Heay,

Are you guys getting complacent? :wow:

Such a busy ODAT thread yesterday and now half way through the day still hasn't been started. tztztztz....

Went on a date with my wife last night (caught some dinner at Asian Place and a movie after) and are planning to do same tonight again. Maybe go out and catch a band playing tonight or a good comedy in the theater. It's so great to make the time for each other. We havn't for a couple of years.

So all going well here!

Keep it ODAT.
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Hi Johnny!
    Well, I already started 2 threads today so wanted someone else to start the ODAT one this time! hehehe.. Day 21 today.. glad I didn't cave earlier.. feel great, just watched an awesome movie with my partner.. hope everyone has a great AF day today..
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Yeay!!!! Finally

Well, well done Katie!!! 3 weeks allready. And well done for not caving in earlier!!.

What movie did you watch?!!
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Hello! Overit here too!! Hey Katie and Johnny!! Who you want to win the cup now Johnny??

Well, I am officially on Vacation for about 10 days! This should be interesting since I will not be drinking during it! Hopefully will use this time wisely and productive.

Planning a Disneyland trip with my son probably early next week. We live just about an hour and a half from Orlando. Thinking we will stay a couple of days and enjoy it.

Was really pissed off last night at work. Was having a crappy day, and I am a cocktail waitress too and really annoyed me seeing everyone drinking and knowing I cant. I guess what I realized I was really missing was watching everyone having a good time with family and friends. I do not have any family or really many friends to have good times with! I guess its not about the booze at all. Have to really understand where my resentment was coming from.

Anyways, things overall going pretty good! Of course being on Vacation makes me really happy!!
        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Hey Overit.

Spain defo. They're the world best team (otherwise they wouldn't have beaten Germany ) and plus being German I'm not allowed to support Holland. Pretty much like an English would nver support Germany :H

Have fun on vacation. It's so fab that you're close enough to Disneyland. I was there when I was a kid. And I looooved it. One of those memories. So I really hope it's going to be great time for the two of you.

I feel you on the having fun part especially without AL.

I've found thought that I've started building relatinoships now surely but surely and more so then when I was drinking. I've started building relationships with ppl at churchk, etc. I would have never before and didn't want before, quite fankly, because a good time always had to include AL and plenty of it.

Being sober now gives me the opportunity to meet new ppl and build meaningful relationships.

Are you part of a home cell or the equivalent at your church?!! That's helped me getting to know people. And the right kind of ppl too.

Enjoy your vacation.
          AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Thanks Johnny! I will cheer for Spain too then!!!

I had a real eye opener with my first post. I realized it was socializing that I really miss the most, and maybe not the drinking at all! Its hard watching others seeming to enjoy life, while you feel like yours is just passing away. Im grateful for my son with all my heart, but he is all I have here in Florida, my family lives far away.

I could get more involved with my church. What held me back before was my drinking! You dont feel like getting involved with others with that dirty secret. I definately need to branch out with the right people thats for sure. Im very good at being isolated, I will try to branch out more.

Love ya Johnny!! I will be thinking of your during the game tommorrow and pray that Spain wins!

Comment

Thanks Overit Viva Espana and Viva Germany

I know what you mean with that 'dirty little secret'. But there's nothing holding you back now, right?!!! It's been great for me getting involved in church and sorrounding myself with the right people.

Remember, steel sharpens steel.
              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Back from Vaca, it was awesome, but I really really MISSED YOU ALL!!!!

Glad to be back,
                Twosox :l:l:l

Comment

Thanks Johnny... I appreciate the words of wisdom... Your so right!

Hey Twosox! Hope you had a nice Vay Cay!!!

Comment

Heya 2 sox. Welcome back
                    AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Good morning!

Well, I had a couple of drinks last night. The day after taking an antabuse. I turned all red and splotchy and was HOT. Not good.

My sister had a meltdown in regards to our dying father last night. They have not really had a relationship for 20 years and now these feeligns are all coming about. She is my next door neighbour. She got pissed drunk. My mother came up from Victoria. (my parents have been divorced for over 30 years.... she wanted to come and see how we were doing. She got drunk. Man, they are nasty drunks. But then I had a couple of drinks. Dumb. But under the circumstances I am NOT going to beat myself up for it.

It is starting to sink in about dad. My girls and I are heading to Victoria tonight. We will see him tomorrow. Probably will be saying good bye. He is rapidly going downhill. I dunno.

BUT, I won't drink tonight or tomorrow. I know, you don't believe me.... but I am not going to go off the deep end with alcohol. I refuse to.

Anyway, must shower. Really dragging my butt today.

Have a great, sober, day everyone!

Comment

Accountable!

Are you ok??? I hear its really bad drinking on Antabuse, I really hope your alright!

Sounds like you have alot of drama in your life right now, I am sorry for that. Its hard doing this I know.

Last night and today even, I am really pissed about being on Antabuse. I wont drink on it though, as I am too scared. I really wish I was not on it right now to be honest.

I hope this passes for me too, not feeling very happy with being forced to be sober at moment, BUT I do know best thing for us most likely.

Hugs,

Overit

Comment

Accountable, you are having a tough time, I know what you are going thro - went thro something similar 2 years ago and I fell into a (lots of) bottle. It really did not help - in any way, shape, or form. I would drink myself into oblivion - so bad that I would 'forget' the awful things happening around me but then each time I sobered up it all hit me like a ton of bricks, I never came to terms with anything, just faced the same situation raw every day, it was awful.
                          Do be careful with the Antabuse, you CANNOT drink on it, sounds like you got off fairly light last night, I too have drunk on it ( a week after stopping it) and was extraordinarily ill, to the point where I thought I might die.
                          Thinking of you
                          Molly
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Overit, those feelings too will pass!!
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening all!,
                              Day three for me today and I don't feel like drinking which is great, but I seem to remember feeling like this on my last day three, then on day 5 I drank again. Just can't get complacent about it.
                              Hope everyones well xx
                              AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X