Another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another newbie

I'm Andy, I'm 29 and I've had a drinking problem that's steadily gotten worse over the last 7 years or so.
    So, two months ago my therapist put me on Campral, but it's just not working. I'm still drinking about a pint of Vodka almost everyday.

I never gave Campral a chance though because from what I understand you are not suppose to be drinking when you start it -- and I was drinking.

I have another appointment (I've been seeing my therapist for two years because I have a minor anxiety disorder) about my alcohol problem on Wed. I'm wondering if he'll put me on Revia, but I'm scared because I feel that I will just keep drinking on that and that could lead to an alcohol overdose. Anyone have any success with Revia?

I'm also upset because I see my therapist once a month, but he hasn't suggested any support groups. I think I might need one of those (maybe this is the site) to help me. Thanks for reading.

Another newbie

Hi Andy and welcome.

This group will certainly offer a lot of support. I suggest you read as many posts as you can absorb - there's a heap of valuable information here.

Nice to have you on board.

Tawny

Comment

Another newbie

Thanks, I am already starting to feel better reading some of these posts.

Comment

Another newbie

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X