Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Saturday 10th July 2010

Hey all,
    Had a busy day today.. been working on my court case.. which is about custody of my son in 2 weeks time.. then me and my partner went to a lovely shopping mall, enjoyed hotcakes and ice-cream! Then we went to the sea for a walk..
    I am now working (from home)..
    Here's to a fab AF Saturday!!!
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

That sounds like a lovely day Katie,
    My hubby is away at the moment so I'm on my own. I'm so glad there's no alcohol here at home and I live too far from town to justify driving in to get some. I'm a bit lonesome tonight. I've been busy today, weeding the vege garden and planting onion seeds. Loads of washing and cleaning inside the house. Made myself a pizza for tea and a raspberry turnover for dessert. I will read some of the posts here and then do some sewing while I'm watching the football.
    Tomorrow I will go to the markets in town in the morning. Some fruit & vegetables, some second hand stuff and some handicrafts and home cooking. Something to suit everyone.
    Tant
    AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Good morning Katie, Tant and all to come

You sound like you have nice days planned. I have just had my morning walk with the doggies, its raining now so I am glad I went out early. Nothing much planned for today, might go out with hubby tonight. I have told my teenagers that we are having one Saturday night a month out as I seem to spend every week-end chauffering them around. Last week-end we went to a new restaurant for dinner and had a drink afterwards (water for me, driving). Tonight we might go somewhere there is music, again I will be driving.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Good morning tant,rust and katie. Another warm day here in Meseyside I have just been out for a long bike ride and planning on a big run tomorrow. Day one again here as I had half a bottle of wine last night I wanted more but managed to pull myself around and drank loads of water straight after the wine hence no hangover anf feel ok this morning just cross with myself. I think maybe the Baclofen when it arrives may help. Off to visit my daughter on Monday where there is NO ALCOHOL so no temptation.

Comment

Mornings, mornigns.....

I'm shooting out for a family outing. My wife is allready shouting from the back for me to hurry up. So no long post now.

Just to wish you all a super happy AF Saturday and i'll be back tonight with more
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Good Morning from Florida!

Hey Katie, Rustop, Anon, and my buddy Johnny!

Nice to meet you Tantangra. Sounds like everyone is in positive spirits today, thats great!

I will join you in well with positive spirits! Past two days I was having a bit of a struggle dealing with the fact that I am on Antabuse for the first time, and resenting the hell out of that! Im pretty sure with my crappy ass attitude I would have drank if not taking it.

Well yesterday, had a lovely day swimming with my son, and suddenly it hit me. Im actually having alot of fun! I was much more active Mom splashing and playing than normal. Then we went to the beach and had a nice dinner with the beach as our view. I drank my ice cold water and thought, "this is just a lovely day!"

I know the cravings and crappy attitudes will come and go, but I am grateful to be sober for 13 days now, thanks to Antabuse.

Johnny, ready for the game today????
            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

OverIt - Just popped in here (trying to get motivated!)... But saw how GREAT you're doing and wanted to give you a Big pat on back!!

I remember (it seems a long while ago) during one of our phone conversations when I had stopped for a month or so, and you said you were Jealous. I couldn't really understand that --- but I think I do now.

I am really in a vicious circle, a merry-go-round that I can't seem to get off.

Anyway, wishing all of you a happy Saturday! (I'm hoping soon that I'll be on here saying I have some AF time behind me...)
              Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Hello All,

Nice to hear everyone in such positive spirits, Anon, don't beat your self up about haf a bottle of wine, that takes a lot of will power to stop at half so well done!
                Day four for me and like last night, I'm not really craving the wine too much which is nice. I have a friends birthday BBQ to go to tomorrow which I would have been worried about were it not for the fact I came clean about my Al problems to my friends last week....This was the best thing I've ever done.... So I wont even contemplate drinking as its all out in the open, where as I know if it was still a secret I would probably end up on the Vino as soon as I arrived!
                All about the food tomorrow!!!
                x
                AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

hey gang.....I have busy all day and just sat down
                  drove my yougest up to south Georgia to stay with my parents and hang with his cousin for a week
                  Mom and Dad live in St Simons, which is a coastal island just north of the Florida state line.....it's so beautiful....
                  anyway....just had pizza with hubs and am looking for something to watch on TV....
                  Over It.....I can only imagine the battle you are having...I am proud of you girl
                  let's watch some footy tonite Johnny!!!!
                  Katie....you sound great....
                  Time, Anon, Patrice, Rustop...everyone else....you sound great!!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello all, I have just joined and enjoy reading all of your posts.

I am presently approaching the 72 hr. mark of my last drink. I was a heavy bourbon drinker for many years. I drank every night, anywhere from 6-12 or more ounces a night. I occasionally drank a glass of wine with lunch but usually didn't start drinking before 5:30 p.m. and usually tried to wait until later. No matter when I started of a night I almost always got my "dose" into me so I could sleep. These last three days have been really tough. Lots of heavy sweating and clamminess followed by chills. I've spent lot's of time laying around in bed. At night i go down to our guest room to try to avoid my husband's snoring, but still cannot really sleep, just toss and turn. My best sleeping comes in the daytime. Both days when I have taken a shower I've almost passed out, but managed to get out and into bed. I'm finally beginning to start to come around I think. Seem to be able to stay up longer (thank goodness, maybe sleep with come tonight). Any helpful suggestions and comments would really be appreciated. Thanks so much.

anon;907759 wrote: Good morning tant,rust and katie. Another warm day here in Meseyside I have just been out for a long bike ride and planning on a big run tomorrow. Day one again here as I had half a bottle of wine last night I wanted more but managed to pull myself around and drank loads of water straight after the wine hence no hangover anf feel ok this morning just cross with myself. I think maybe the Baclofen when it arrives may help. Off to visit my daughter on Monday where there is NO ALCOHOL so no temptation.

Comment

Working...
                    X