AF since June 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF since June 17th

How is everyone today? I feel great and very proud of myself. As you can read I have been sober since the 17th of june. Yesterday we had the party for my 2y/o. Now normally
    I would have had more than enough booze to celebrate his milestone and woke up this am hungover and guilty cause my wife was mad at me again. But that didn't happen. I didn't drink and I only woke up tired, planning and hosting a bbq is hard ass work....lol....lots of our guests were drinking and it didn't bother me. Although when a few of my close friends noticed I wasn't drinking they gave me a weird look and seemed surprised. I have decided to not tell anyone about my problem yet, other than my wife of course. So tthat was a little akward..........but my big dilemma is all this let over beer in the house now, more than a 24. I can't just dump them as people did spend $ on it. Can I casually give it away and still not look suspicious to my friends?

AF since June 17th

Hell ineedhelp,

Congratulation on this milestone. It does feel great to wake up in the morning NOT hungover. I too have decided not formally tell friends that I have stopped drinking. I don't think I really owe and explanation to them. Sometimes I make up an excuse, sometimes I don't offer any, people lose interest after a while. As for the beer you should most defiantly get rid of it. Even if people did spend money on it, that is not more important than your sobriety. Say you don't have any more room in the fridge, or find a friend that barbecues frequently.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

AF since June 17th

CONGRATULATIONS ........ both on you AF time and for your 2 y/o party .....

You should be really really proud of yourself .........

I feel that you should definitely get rid of the stuff that is left though, you say that you cant dump them because of the $spent but would they know???

At this stage in your sobriety you have to look after YOU!!!! .....

Love & Hugs, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

AF since June 17th

Down the sink with it! It has to be done. I was in a bit of a spin the other night and what I call my drinkers brain recalled that there was an open bottle of Brandy sitting in an obscure cupboard in the kitchen. I couldn't settle, I had to get up, find it, and throw it down the sink.

Get rid of it!!!! You owe it to you hard work!
        "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

AF since June 17th

Johnny;908977 wrote: Down the sink with it! It has to be done. I was in a bit of a spin the other night and what I call my drinkers brain recalled that there was an open bottle of Brandy sitting in an obscure cupboard in the kitchen. I couldn't settle, I had to get up, find it, and throw it down the sink.

Get rid of it!!!! You owe it to you hard work!
          Too right Johhny .... Congrats on your days too ........ xxx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

AF since June 17th

I don't like waste myself. I would give to a friend or neighbour. Failing that, leave it out for the Garbo on rubbish day. Some of them don't mind a drink after a tough day.

Comment

AF since June 17th

Definately get rid of it in some way or other! I know I cannot trust myself with AL in the house.. you don't want any temptation, since you have been doing so well? I have been AF just 2 days less than you - well done us!!
              Katie x
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

AF since June 17th

get rid of it...
                I also had a big celebration recently in which there was heaps of alchol left over...
                I gave away the cases of champagne,
                delegated out the bottles of wine to friends
                ... lots of different beers left over, but I absolutely hate beer so wasnt an issue... just a reserve for my husband, who has the occasional beer

All the best
                30 day Challenge...started 16.08.2010

Comment

AF since June 17th

Deffo get rid of!! My daughters 21st was last year in May and the left over booze triggered quite a few horrible binges - funnily, there are still leftovers upstairs, but I KNOW now it holds absolutely no attraction for me, but if it did it would be down the sink!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

AF since June 17th

down the drain I guess it goes.....thanks for the advice

Comment

AF since June 17th

good for you ineed you definately won't regret it and fantastic on your Af days
                      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X