30 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 days.

It's 30 days for me today guys. I appreciate the support I have had here. This morning I woke up thinking 'so what?' and had a wicked preoccupation with having a pint. It's weird, I was at a wedding on the weekend and I was ok, but at 6am on a monday I was wrestling the urge to drink. I had a cup of tea and a banana on the train and I'm alright now but it goes to show I need to be aware of my phyiscal state as well as my emotional one.

Thanks again.
    "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

30 days.

Congratulations - Whoop Whoop well done and all the other stuff that goes with it.
    Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

30 days.

Morning johnny. Congratulations on 30 days! What a personal acomplishment eh!.Especially as I know that you have been struggle recently. I have been battling with cravings since last week and I have been a right miserable cow because of it...but I dont want to go back to being a drunk.
      People like you are important to me because we are in the same boat. Stay strong. lets get to 60!!!
      Have a great day cause you deserve it. x
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

30 days.

Johnny ,
        congratulations on 30 days!!! Big milestone. YOur right, our physical state has so much to do with our ability to abstain. Anyway I am very happy for you, keep it going!
        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

30 days.

AHHH Johnny BLOODY well done.

Keep it up..it is so worth it!!
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

30 days.

Smoke Free 12th May 2010
            ..me got 10th June..no smokes..

..it's a dead-set...blast!!..thats for sure..
            'Welcome my son..to the machine..'

Comment

30 days.

Well done Johnny,
              Tant
              AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

30 days.

Hi Johnny
                I'm really happy for you on the 30 days... great !!!
                Keep going
                Patrice

Comment

30 days.

Congratulations Johnny, great job...and well done on fighting the urge this morning and winning.
                  Keep up the great work - your life will be so much better if you do!
                  Allen Carr’s book changed everything for me. The easyway to control alcohol. Highly recommended

Comment

30 days.

Congrats Johnny! :cheering:
                    You are doing amazing.. keep on keeping on! I am not far behind you at 24 days!
                    Katie xx
                    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

30 days.

Well done Johnny - those days seem to fly in!! Congrats and onwards for the next 30!!
                      Molly:goodjob:
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

30 days.

GM Johnny and everyone day 36 for me,Johnny I no that feeling it will pop up.. out of no where. Im glad you had food before that craving hit you harder..For me i make a point to eat a large breakfast in the morning EVEN thow im not hungry in the morning hr's...But i notice when having food always in my stomach i feel less anxious and less uptight, Also try to keep a snack on hand this helps also. Best of luck to everyone and me lol.TC Trucker

Comment

30 days.

Thank you very much everyone. I would like to say that AA has been a big help to me also. I am having to touch base with various emotional states much more often than I usually would too, which can take it's toll but is very cathartic at the same time.

Thanks again everyone. Rebirth, I will 'pray' that we get to 60 together and Katie, ODAT, stick with it and we'll stay sober together.
                          "The greatest hazard of all, losing one?s self, can occur very quietly in the world, as if it were nothing at all. No other loss can occur so quietly; any other loss - an arm, a leg, five dollars, a wife, etc. - is sure to be noticed." Soren Kierkegaard.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

30 days.

TRUCKER123;909262 wrote: GM Johnny and everyone day 36 for me,Johnny I no that feeling it will pop up.. out of no where. Im glad you had food before that craving hit you harder..For me i make a point to eat a large breakfast in the morning EVEN thow im not hungry in the morning hr's...But i notice when having food always in my stomach i feel less anxious and less uptight, Also try to keep a snack on hand this helps also. Best of luck to everyone and me lol.TC Trucker
                            Thank you Trucker. 'I think we got us a convoy'.

AF since 13 June 2010.

Comment

30 days.

CONGRATULATIONS Johnnny!! 30 days is HUGE. Be proud, be very very proud. Onwards and upwards ODAT (60 next goal?). It does get easier, and the cravings do start to decrease in intensity. Glad you could figure it all out this morning.
                              :l:yougo::rockon:
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X