Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday 12th July 2010

Hey everyone!

Day 24 for me today.. I cannot believe it! I am so happy.. this is the longest i've gone without AL since this time last year, when i went 3 months.. I want to achieve that, and more, this time round!
    I plan on giving up cigs this week too.. i feel ready! Had a good day at work, my son is watching "Thomas the tank engine" DVD whilst I am making dinner.. I hope everyone has a fab AF Monday!!
    Katie xxx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Well done KatieB.

I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and starting all over again.

I haven't been doing too badly, until yesterday.

Comment

Hey guys, Left a post in the general section. I'm taking a leave of absence for a while.

Just wanted to thank you guys particularly as well for being there for me when I needed you.

Luv you all.

Johnnyh
      AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Morning Katie and Little Owl

Thats the spirit LO, best to pick yourself up as soon as and great for coming back here.

Katie I love your determination and really admire the way you are now handling things, you sound great xx

Well busy week for me, off on my hols saturday so lots to get done, its amazing how much work you have do both at the office and at home before you go away!!! Will take me all of next week just to wind down from this week :H

Have a great day to all yet to come

Luv P x
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Hi Everyone....Katie you are seriously powering along. Giving up smoking as well certainly indicates that you are feeling super strong. GOOD FOR YOU! I gave up smoking a few years back and I have to say you will feel AMAZING when you finally kick that bad habit too!

Day 16 for me and so far I seem to be hiking along at a steady pace.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

xxx
          "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Comment

I hit 3 months AF today!! Yay!
            Strangely I don't think I feel much different, except that there are no hangovers, no shame, no guilt, no lying, no hiding things, no avoiding people. It's great.
            Hubby tells me I seem alot happier and I gueaa I am. Thank you all for all the support and advice and for just being here.
            Love yous all!
            Tant
            AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Good morning everyone

Tant, hugh congratulations. 3 months is amazing, you should be so proud of yourself. Everyone else seems to be doing good as well. In our own way we will all get there, ODAT.

Rustop

Comment

Morning to all those in the Northern Hemishere and evening to those in the southern
                Fantastico Tangtangra for 3 months !!! Real stoked for you

Everyone does seem to be forging ahead ODAT - including me day 23 today( should be day 27 but had that slip on day 5)
                Katie - we must be working in tandem cos I am also thinking of giving up the cigs this week sometime - I've been smoking a lot lately... just a little nervous about it but really want to do it because it is holding me back from total health... we can maybe start together on that one!!
                Have a great day and night all
                Take care
                Patrice

Comment

Tant - 3 months! wow.. congrats!
                  LO - just pick yourself up and get back on the horse! it's great that you came back..
                  Panno - you sound very bright today! which is fantastic..
                  Johnny - we will miss you! don't be gone too long please!
                  Hi rustop.. and blinder - thank you!
                  Patrice - it sounds like a plan! i have just 2 cigs left, then I am going to try my hardest not to buy anymore.. i will post on the 'no butts the beginning' thread whilst tackling the cigs.. do you want to join us on there?
                  Katie xxx

Comment

Morning everyone,

Monday morning= My day off...nice! Its 10am and I've just got up and am having Breakfast in bed whilst checking in with you guys, If only all mondays could be like this!
                    Hope you all had a great AF weekend in the sun. Everyone seems to be starting the Week in good spirits.
                    Well done Tant, thats amazing. 3 months to me seems like such a long long way off but I'm determined to get there like you.
                    Had a great day yesterday involving 2 BBQ's, a lot of laughter and no AL for me.
                    I was really worried about being around drinkers, but once I was into the swing of it I didn't think about the fact I wasn't drinking which feels like a bit of a miracle right now.
                    One of my triggers is that when I'm feeling really good about something I like to 'Celebrate' that feeling with a bottle of wine....Not today.
                    Somethings shifted in me and it feels good. I now know I can still be the 'funny' one without the AL and that feels so amazing, I've spent along time thinking that AL boosts my personality which was bollocks. Confidence is the key.
                    Heres to a great week ahead for us all, Happy Monday everyone, Have a fab AF day!!
                    xx
                    AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Tant, 3 months is absolutely super!! Well done - and don't let down your guard - 3 months I reckon complacency can creep in - but it is a WONDERFUL achievement, keep going - I know I feel so much happier without the booze and everyone around me is too!
                      Well done
                      Molly:goodjob:
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh, sorry! Good morning to everyone else - lovely sunny day here in Dublin - am heading off to work soon, will check in tonight - Little Owl, lovely to see you here, I was wondering how you were gettin on!
                        Talk later
                        Molly
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hello and Good morning/evening everyone. Cannot imagine how great it must be to reach 3 months AF Well done Tant. Patrice and Katie I managed to give up cigarettes it took me lots of attempts but do not even think about them now--and I am able to run faster than anyone in my age group these days.
                          Ieel positive today as i am off to visit my daughter for 5 days where there will not even be the slightest temptation to drink. Back on Friday.

Comment

anon - thank you for the words of encouragement re: cigs.. I really am ready now!
                            Have a great time away.. let us know how you went on Friday!
                            Katie x

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

So much success here to celebrate!! Can't wait to join you. Day 1 for me tomorrow, so see you then.

Pie

Comment

Working...
                              X