Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just realised partner is dry drunk. What to do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a very up and down few years in which our first child we born, it has finally clicked that my boyfriend is a dry drunk. Have shown him a website with a list you can go through, and he confirms 9 out of 12 points on there. We are both shocked as he rarely drinks. But unknown to me he has now admitted he thinks about taking a drink pretty much every minute of everyday. I am fully behind him, but already am starting to feel angry about all the things he has blamed me for before we got to this point. I am even on anti depressants as he has tried (and succeeded!) to make me beleive I have post natal depression!! He doesn't have a regular doctor, so wonder where we should start in looking for some help/support. And how can I offer him my support when I'm sooo annoyed?

Hi,
    I was told by my counsellor that I am a "dry" drunk too.. in that I "think like an alcoholic" - this place has truly helped me, so like Sheri says - maybe ask him if he wants to join us on here, this is a great place to get support, as we all come from different backgrounds, but alot of us have heaps in common with each other and understand each other so we can help in the best way we can.. can i also suggest that your BF looks into seeing a counsellor too? Again, my counsellor has been fantastic - if you can look into an addictions counsellor, or Drug and Alcohol counsellor - as they will be able to understand better the issues your BF faces.. I really admire you for looking to get help for your BF, thats a fantastic thing, as a supportive partner too is worth their weight in gold..
    Katie x
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
    X