Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I messed up.

bungle,
    We all slip up and make mistakes.. thats why this site is here! If none of us ever slipped up, then we wouldnt need this place at all.. the good thing is you came back.. look back on your amazing achievement of 40days.. and if it helps, keep counting from 40 and just look at this one time as a "slip" and get back on the horse.. the main thing is you are here, and reaching out for support.. you CAN do this!
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

I messed up.

Thank you again all my friends I am so grateful and thankful I came back, I may give the antabuse a try, see how it goes, not really sure yet if i need to!

we will see I am feeling positive thanks again.

Comment

I messed up.

I know i will get back to the place where it's good to be.

Comment

I messed up.

bungle it's good you came back right away. I had a similar experience early on. My first sobriety date was 7/11/07. I had 60 days and was riding on the pink cloud I guess. I didn't really understand why it was so hard for many others.

Boy did I get a rude awakening. Out of the blue I decided to drink one day. Justified by "I must not be that bad I'll drink moderately now...blah blah blah all that stuff we lie to ourselves about. For me, I was back as bad as ever within a week, and COULD NOT STOP it seemed. Took me 8 months to finally get my a$$ back on the wagon. I'm really afraid that if I relapse again, I will die before I'm able to stop.

Anyway...point being, good for you getting back here quickly. I hope this experience was humbling for you in a way that will make your own sobriety stronger going forward, and also allow you to be more empathetic towards others. It was that way for me anyway.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I messed up.

Hi Bungle

40 days is HUGE, don't lose sight of that! Sure you slipped but your back so that is super inspirational. Move forward from this we all know you will.
            xx
            "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Comment

I messed up.

Doggygirl;910459 wrote: bungle it's good you came back right away. I had a similar experience early on. My first sobriety date was 7/11/07. I had 60 days and was riding on the pink cloud I guess. I didn't really understand why it was so hard for many others.

Boy did I get a rude awakening. Out of the blue I decided to drink one day. Justified by "I must not be that bad I'll drink moderately now...blah blah blah all that stuff we lie to ourselves about. For me, I was back as bad as ever within a week, and COULD NOT STOP it seemed. Took me 8 months to finally get my a$$ back on the wagon. I'm really afraid that if I relapse again, I will die before I'm able to stop.

Anyway...point being, good for you getting back here quickly. I hope this experience was humbling for you in a way that will make your own sobriety stronger going forward, and also allow you to be more empathetic towards others. It was that way for me anyway.

DG
              Couldn't say it any better myself. Just like DG I stopped and when I started again it was worse than before. I also feel the next time would probably be the end of me.
              Sober since 4/8/10 -OVER 150 DAYS AND GOING AF!!!!

Get busy livin or get busy dyin-Duane Peters
              No more bad future-Skull Skates

Comment

I messed up.

Bungle, I gave up booze on 6th Jan 2010, sailing along, unchallenged by booze then with a few relatively minor probs (kitchen revamp, builders etc) I DECIDED to have a drink in early May - hence my sig. which SHOULD read Jan except for my stupidity. I only drank that one night but it really really unsettled me and I found it much harder to stay sober for at least a month after drinking. Taught me a great lesson tho, its not just the night/week/whatever that we drink it definitely has a carry on effect to how we deal with alcohol afterwards - I let it back into my life and wow was it hard to get it back out!!
                Molly
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I messed up.

Feeling much more positive even though my sleepless nights and food binging is well and truly returned I don't care, I would much rather feel how I do now than when I slipped.

Thanks again all you precious peeps.

Comment

I messed up.

mario;909697 wrote: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    posted this sometime back bungle, it may help..Sometimes people who have had a slip are ashamed of themselves-sometimes so ashamed that they fear to come back here.
                    They develop the old inferiority complex and tell themselves that they are no good,that they have let down there friends here and elsewhere,that they are hopeless & that they can never make it,This state of mind is perhaps worse than it was originally intended,They have been somewhat weakened by there slip,but there experience of logging on here is not entirely lost.They always know that they can stop again if they really want to,they know that there is still great help & advice here if they will ask for it because nobody entirely escapes temptation,You must expect it and be ready for it when it comes,You must try & keep your defences up by positive thoughts,the first step toward conquering temptation always is to see it in your mind,dissociate yourself from it,put it out of your mind as soon as it appears,do not think of excuses for yielding to it,come here for help.Dont quit quitting bungle
                    thank you..

Comment

I messed up.

How are you doing Bungle?
                      Molly

Comment

I messed up.

Hi Bungle,

Sorry about your slip, but thanks for posting. Mario's reply to you about disassociating from the temptation is just what I needed to hear. A couple of other comments really hit home as well.

Pie

Comment

I messed up.

mollyka;913104 wrote: How are you doing Bungle?
                          Molly
                          Hi , i am doing good thank you, back on track no more slips, staying focused , thank you for asking it makes it a lot easier to know that there are people like you and everyone else on here that care enough to ask.. :thanks:

Comment

I messed up.

Great you're back on track Bungle!
                            Molly

Comment

I messed up.

thanks molly x

Comment

I messed up.

Good going bungle!