Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caught between a rock and a hard place

hi there,
    well i don't post often, but i do read often, you are such fantactic people and ye i know some of the post's get heated!!! you all know the one's i am referring too, but this site is very very good and i am soooo new to this, believe me, i have looked up many!

my fellow dubs, mario, mollka and big arse and down and out (bigarse on picture i mean- cant remember your site name!!)
    and you know what- so many great- articulate people- we are all smart up there!!!!!
    but this is very difficult........... now when i am on a roll, i feel great but today is a day i am not. you know i watched that documentry- rain------- and it talks about gremlins! like everyone on it has gremlins.... i know mine! is that why we do it-?
    well, i have been on so so many day 1's now, i am losing faith in myself-
    sorry for the downer kinda mail but i do know what feels right- and these feeling's i have feel soooooooo wrong, thanks for listening xx
    by the way- drinking a glass of wine

hi sunray welcome to mwo,
    Sunray as you know we all can relate to what your going through,But we can only help you if you help yourself ,we cant do it for you,post some more and tell us about yourself share your thoughts and feelings, you will get tremendous support here,give yourself a chance to recover,one day at a time.

ps big arse is onetomany and the down & out is ktab,but he is not :-)

hope to see you around

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Sunray

Life is like a roller coaster it has its UPS and it has is downs and I so believe that saying. Yes it is difficult,m yes we do have gremlins and yes we have all been on many day 1's. You keep coming back here and that is good because you know you will not be judged and you can get support. I believe you can and will do this but for some it may take longer than others. My record is 18 days and I am now on day 11 after a bad June.

Tomorrow is another day not just for you but for everyone be strong and don't beat yourself up about this because the journey we are on is tough and poss never ending.

You take care

QQ
      Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

:laughmonkey: the down & out, I love it.

Now then Sunray, firstly let me say welcome I dont think we have conversed before. Well done on finding us, it is the first step and although it might not seem like it right now this place can change lives. It did mine. I was a daily drinker for over 20 years but not any more thanks to the support advice and help I received here. It only very occasionally gets heated to this extent so dont let it put you off.
        You say today you have a glass of wine in hand, why not consider not picking up a second. Dont look too far ahead, ODAT it can be done.
        Keep safe
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hiya Sunray
          Good to see you.
          Those gremlins, well I think we all have them. And the more we feed them the stronger they get. When we stop feeding them, they starve slowly and its a painful struggle until they are gone. But its also quite a wonderful struggle too where we learn so much about ourselves and what makes us tick, happy, pissed off etc....
          Well done for posting, its not easy but with lots of love an support, you will find your way.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi sunray and welcome. its great that youve found us and posted. dont lose faith in yourself, we are all here to help you find your way out
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Hey Sunray and welcome - another Dub here!
              Day 1's are hard cos there is nothing to loose by drinking it seems. Like Mario says you have to make your decision yourself to help yourself and why not as Ktab says, consider making that glass of wine your last?
              If that seems too sudden or scary, decide tomorrow IS THE DAY. Plan waking up - possibly feeling hungover and plan how you will tell yourself you don't ever want to feel like that again. And then hour by hour get thro that Day 1 and unbelieveably by Day 2 you do actually start feeling better - the rewards are very quick, and then it all begins to seem soo worthwhile.
              Best of luck Sunray and stay around, this site has rescued many of us
              Molly:welcome:
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Sunray and welcome to our community. Oh, you'll love the oney with the big arse. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please keep posting, and when you're ready to make that decision to stop, we're here with open arms!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

day 1

well, good morning to you all and thanks so so much for your replies yesterday,feeling tired and groggy this morning but will start again and make this my day 1.

i may not post a lot but i do follow your journey's and i feel like i know you personally by now.
                  Anyway guy's thank you again for listening xxx:thanks:

Comment

Good morning Sunray, good on you for making today the day. Have you put a plan in place, read the MWO book and threads like the toolbox? Bearing in mind that it is the start of the weekend may I suggest that if you are finding it hard going or the cravings come calling today come here log on and talk to us, it is more help that lurking. I would also suggest you pick up some L-glutamine if you havent already done so.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey Sunray, I echo what Ktab says, come in and post with us, it does help more, and do beware of the weekend, the first one is by far the hardest - after that you have set a precedent 'I did it last weekend so I can do it this one' sort of thing!! Jeez at this rate there won't be a drunk left in Ireland,we'll be all here haha!!!
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yes sunray, you have to put/have a plan in place, This drinking problem cant be wished away, it takes some hard commitment and work,if you post more you will get to know more people who can & will help and maybe even be going through exactly what your going through,keep posting,keep reading,hope to see you more here,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Sunray - I just wanted to say hi and wish you well, one of the best things about AF Fridays is unhung Saturdays!
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

i also recommend keep posting. it kinda makes you accountable, and you will get support and help to realize why you drink and how you can get out of the routine
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Sunray,

Big Fat arse in the making here aka Oney.

Just wanted to welcome you and KEEP posting!!!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X