Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caught between a rock and a hard place

to Sunray

:new::new::new: Thanks for posting!! I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now-but I was too scared to post. Reading you this morning-and some of the other comments-made me say "just do it!" I know I will get more from this if I participate in a more active way.

Comment

Welcome Expat, good on you for taking the first important step. There is loads of advice and support here. Maybe pop into the 'newbies nest' in this section as your post might not get seen here.
      Keep safe
      KTAB
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hi all, mollyka you made me laugh so much..thank you for your words of wisdom both mario and ktab aka down and out ha ha!!
        thanks also for everyone's wise words--- spaddleduck,quit quiting,big arse--(am sure u dont have one really)wont refer to u as that again!! oney
        and chill girl--thank you and i love that picture--
        i hear you when u advise it is better to post, it actually never occured to me before that it makes you more accountable, i suppose i thought by logging on, your experiences would make me stronger,but i think that is kinda selfish, i should be able to give as well as take..
        Anyway yes weekends are difficult but i have done it before and i can do it again
        well guys wiil sign off for now,talk soon xx

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! Still getting used to getting on and posting --and finding my way around the site. I'll get there.

Comment

You will do, I know what you mean it is a bit confusing at first so just post where ever you feel comfortable. You will be welcome everywhere.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hi expat and welcome, i was never really comfortable with posting but like everything practice makes perfect--- welcome from one newbie to another

Comment

computer challanged

Thanks fellow newbie-practice does make perfect. I'll keep trying but I will figure this out! But for now--I must take a VERY hyper child out to play!! Keeping busy and feeling positive! Hope to hear from more of you lads!:H Just be patient with me while I get used to getting myself comfortable with the site. expat and homesick--but coming over to Dub for a visit next month.

Comment

Welcome sunray and expat3! I'm only about one-half step away from newbie myself. So glad you've joined us!

Pie

Comment

Welcome Expat! Just post anywhere like Ktab says, we are all in the same boat so you will get nothing but encouragement and support as you try to get sober! Are you Irish as well? I see you are living in France.
                    Anyway goodday to you all and yes Sunray - keep posting!!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Hi Sunray,

Its nice to meet you! I can relate to always being at day 1 it seems. No matter how many good intentions I always had, after 2 or 3 days I would be buying wine again. I just could not say NO once I got "that" thought into my brain.

I am currently taking Antabuse, and I really like it! Is that anything you would ever consider? Just curious, its worked wonders for me. If you ever consider it, and want to ask me anything, please feel free!

Overit
                      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

:thanks:Hi Mollyka, Thanks for the welcome. I am slowly but surely figuring stuff out on the site! And yes, I've been living over here in France for a few years now-but one does get homesick! I don't look like E.T. (Thank God!) but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for him, haha! I can relate! The week-ends can be long but I hope everyone has a good one. I know I will be checking in here quite often. It is quite a comfort to read others stories etc. Take care all

Comment

hi & welcome sunray and expat, This is a very good forum with lots of help,stay close to the boards, x

Comment

Sunray & Expat - Personally in the beginning I found posting hugely theraputic, finding this site was the 1st time I realized there were people out there who understood how I was feeling inside. I would never have dared admit the truth to my friends and in fact Id rarely admitted it to myself. Posting for me let it all come out and it felt like the biggest weight off my shoulders.

Expat - Im a Uk expat too living in Portugal.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Sunray, just wondering how you are getting on - let us know, we are here for chat or support or whatever!
                              Molly
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                              X