ODAT Friday 16th July 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh thanks Katie. Hes very sweet, something I am NOT used to. I wish the best for you and your new guy too! Maybe we both might get lucky
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Yes definately.. my guy is very sweet too.. now im older, i am not interested in the "treat them mean" types anymore! sweet rules! xx
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Thats all I really want too Katie. A nice guy who will be good to me and my son. I know thats what you want and need too. My guy does not have the height, but he sure seems to have the heart. Thats what really matters.

Comment

Hey gals, the last male I was with said he was taught to give as little as you need to so they want more. WTF??? However, he did also say that he had learned that wasn't working for him. Too bad it wasn't in his real world... Go slow ladies and enjoy the getting to know each other stage.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thanks Mom R.C. No seriously, good advice!! It takes time to get to know somebody.

I dont like your friends way to approach things, LOL. Good thing he realized not the best way to go.

I havent even had date 2 yet.... Will keep ya posted for sure!!

Comment

overit,
              No-one is perfect.. my guy has his "faults", but so do i! I wouldn't want to be with anyone too perfect or I would feel insecure! A guy that treats you well, and your son is definately all that matters.. someone to support you through thick and thin..
              RC - i am so enjoying the 'getting to know you' stage.. I am very happy atm..
              I know a lot of people have suggested that you have to wait until you know yourself, and be sober for a year first.. but i am finding my guy is helping me to stay sober, and i have such amazing support from him, i dont know what i would do without him.. i am also working on myself at the same time, and this is important too

Comment

Katie, you have changed SO MUCH in just a short period of time! It was not that long ago you seemed like a lost Katie and a frazled Katie! In the past 3 weeks or so you seem to have emerged a much stronger person and a whole lot more at peace! Its been great to see these changes in you, and its pretty obvious you are so much more happy... and sober too!

If this new guy is helping in all these changes, then go for it. Whatever is happening, it seems to be working, and your happy. Thats all that matters.

Comment

Thanks overit,
                  I definately have my guy to thank in my progress.. though I have stayed strong too.. if the relationship is right, then it is a great support.. when relationships are dysfunctional, then there could be problems. I guess I just knew what i was looking for, and what i needed, and this guy came along at the right time! My issues with my ex are so much easier to deal with now I have such an amazing, mature and strong man by my side, fighting with me every step of the way.. Good luck with your 2nd date, and let us know how you go! xxx

Comment

Working...
                  X