Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yooo Hoooo ODAT July 18 2010

Hello ODAT'rs!!

I noticed noone started a thread for yesterday, ODAT is one of my most favorite threads, I just cannot bear to see it fade away! ODAT stands for One Day At A Time, and its a commitment to be sober just for one day. Anyone is welcome to post on ODAT thread!

Lets see, our KatieB reached her 30 day milestone and I would love to hear how everyone else is doing. Today is day 21 for me. I have been taking an Antabuse pill every other day since June 29.

This time around has been very strange! I cant really explain it, except it seems the desire and thought of drinking has completely left my brain. It does not really seem as if that is coming from the Antabuse, but more as a shift in my attitude. I just simply have been living my life and my thoughts are filled with so many other things in life than booze. I just pray it continues as I am really liking this and my life is currently so organized! Bills all paid, home is organized, my life is organized!

P.S. I am not necessarily super happy. I am not sad, I am somewhere in the middle of a normal life feeling. Good enough for me!!

Happy Sunday to you all!!
    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Yoo Hoo you too OI!! Well done starting the thread and great to hear you are feeling so good. I feel something similar, I just couldn't IMAGINE drinking at the moment - previously I was sort of congratulating myself every day I was sober, but like you I'm sort of in a different place this time AND IT IS BRILLIANT! Like you I hope it lasts, but as the thread says - ODAT!!! And yes I'm somewhere in the middle too, a lovely place to be, a real place.
    Where is everyone else??? Like OI says nobody needs to have been super duper sober for ages for this thread, just trying today!!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yes Molly, somewhere in the middle is a good place to be. When your "too" happy you can expect to crash sometime, and when your sad, then you might drink! So middle is definately where its at

Lets try to stay there! Enjoy your sober day Molly!

Comment

YOO HOO SILLY GIRLS....
        Mama here...heading off to the family lake house for the day and gonna work on my tan...
        everyone sounds great....I am committed to a 30 day run...
        day three so far....
        have a lovely sober day
        O - I am proud of you sweet friend....same to you Molls!!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thank you Mama! You have a lovely day with your family! This sure beats being sad and hungover doesnt it! That crap needs to go bye bye out of all of our lives!

Love ya Mama!

Comment

Hello guys,

Day 4 for me (day 5 in an hour and a half!) and I'm feeling good. Had a craving this aft for red red wine but I rode it out..Yey!
            Spuddleduck started a great thread about addictive personalities, can't remember which forum its in but check it out if you can find it, it was really interesting xx
            AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Hi Everyone!
              I am also a big fan of ODAT! I am on day 23 and I feel similar to you Molly..can't imagine having AL back in my life at the moment.

Have a happy day everyone x
              "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Comment

Working...
              X